the retro hi-fi thread!

If anyone fancies a bargain, there's a chap on the hififorsale.com site selling just 2.5m of Transparent speaker cable for £8.5K ...

It HAS to be a bargain though, cause it sold for £30,000 new!! :shock: :shock:

;)

resistance capacitance inductance

these are what will change the 'sound'; of an amplifier as it is presented with different loads and electrical characteristics.

Speaker cables can add more resistance making an amp work harder

interconnects can add RF interferance through poor shielding and so on , and so on etc etc....

Iwasgoodonce":g6fgcs4u said:
Actually one of the speakers has an annoying vibration. Is this repairable? If anyone knows can you let me know. Ta.

The main culprit for this is often a loose dust cap. The (usually) black dome in the centre of the speaker cone. Run a finger nail around the edge to see if it lifts anywhere around it's edge. Sensibly placed smear of PVA glue fixes this one 9 times out of 10 .

ozpete":3ao9j1d0 said:
Iwasgoodonce":3ao9j1d0 said:
Actually one of the speakers has an annoying vibration. Is this repairable? If anyone knows can you let me know. Ta.

The main culprit for this is often a loose dust cap. The (usually) black dome in the centre of the speaker cone. Run a finger nail around the edge to see if it lifts anywhere around it's edge. Sensibly placed smear of PVA glue fixes this one 9 times out of 10 .

That's my kind of fix. I'll have a look. Ta!

OH boy! I cant wait to get my new system. I am going for all Martin Logan's! They sound sooooo good. I hope I can pick up all pieces by fall.(hope fully sooner) Then running them with a Top notch Pioneer Elite receiver. Tis sex to the ears! For those who never heard of Martin Logan's. They are great modern electrostatic speakers.

Aren't there some Martin Logans in the flat on 'Friends' ?
There's no sign of the rest of the system though! :roll: :LOL:

BikesINPortlandOREGON":3iwgcmlk said:
Yeah I noticed that there were some logans on the show for a while. Just like there was a Klein on steinfeld.

There was also some 'blue room' speakers too.

TAG McLaren had to pay about £30,000 to have their speakers in the film xXx for a whole milli second.

Linn Sondek LP12 :p
Micromega Stage 3 :LOL:
Audiolab 8000A and 8000P combo :twisted:
Mission 753 :twisted: :twisted:

....and that'll do me (even learned to live with the micromega, vive la france :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: )

Latest posts

Back