The rescue collie 6 months on update 18.11.2013

Re: Dog guys a bit of advice

Bit of an update for people if they are interested, here he is at the end of October walking in Scotland.

It's been an interesting six months, his biggest problem these days is his tendency to nip your arm or leg when he gets over excited.

Attachments

• IMG_6806.JPG
    IMG_6806.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_6810.JPG
    IMG_6810.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 192
Nice looking dog, in the first pick above he looks like he'd viewing his pastures for sheep?!

his biggest problem these days is his tendency to nip your arm or leg when he gets over excited.

That's not uncommon with border collies, they nip sheep to get them moving.

Here's my old dog my ex got rid of him when we split up as he kept biting/nipping her, she thought he was going to be a small wrinkley handbag dog after six months he was pretty big and didn't listen to a word she said. I trained him well :twisted:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 168
Bpool77":27jtuky8 said:
Here's my old dog my ex got rid of him when we split up as he kept biting/nipping her, she thought he was going to be a small wrinkley handbag dog after six months he was pretty big and didn't listen to a word she said. I trained him well :twisted:

Did your ex not do a single bit of research into the breed then? Shar-peis are hardly what you'd call small handbag dogs! Sounds to me as if she decided to get one on looks rather than suitability, which is such a shame but which is something you see so much of.

Barneyballbags":15lad4kz said:
Bpool77":15lad4kz said:

Did your ex not do a single bit of research into the breed then? Shar-peis are hardly what you'd call small handbag dogs! Sounds to me as if she decided to get one on looks rather than suitability, which is such a shame but which is something you see so much of.

I told her he would only grow smallish (well to me anyway) size but he went really lanky, i saw his parents and he was bigger than them early on. I chose the breed she chose the colour ( I wanted blue) He got rehomed to a nice family with a big garden in Manchester more fun for him as they had 3 children. When we split up she wouldn't let me take him, I went back to Blackpool and 2 weeks later someone saw on Facebook that she gave him away without even telling me. This is him a few months ago new owner sends pics now n then.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 153
Back