The RB what I bought/ found/scrounged this week thread pt.II

Re:

$115 for the pair? :shock:

Re:

A closer inspection would concur, unless they both have identical wear to the paint and decals :LOL:

I bring all the BSOs that get left at the LBS that aren't worth fixing home. Once I have a decent pile I load up the car and run them over to the Co-Op in the next town and donate them so they can fix them up and sell (bike sales keep the doors open). While I'm there, I root through their used parts bins for anything I could use. Today's run was worth the effort.

BC0C4EE4-BF4C-4A5E-9DD9-64982008FEA3-5565-000002C9AD19C613_zps660989e8.jpg

Re:

Found this oddity on Kijiji. Gardin is well known in these parts for his steel road frames. I'd never seen one of his MTBs. Bought it for the straight blade chrome fork for the most part, but it's a hair too short for the frame I was thinking of using it on. It's growing on me, and I think I'll build it up.

IMG_1714_zpsb599771d.jpg

IMG_1715_zps22aa7051.jpg

Never seen these bars before. They have a flattened section on them.

IMG_1717_zpsf0d0388e.jpg

I've seen the logo before, but can't place the manufacturer to it.

IMG_1716_zps57a56b32.jpg

And this while I was picking through bins at the magic LBS yesterday. Minty fresh Ks are always handy to have on hand.

581b9c77-b88d-43bf-b7bc-4ed15cee0784_zps1f1072ef.jpg

Bought a 5 bolt bulb front from ebay the other day
Nothing remarkable about that, we've no doubt all got a Hope 5 bolt bulb front hubs, i personally have 4 :oops:

This one was really faded from Red to an incredibly light pink on one side and near silver with a hint of pink on the other. Seller advertised as ' ?Used, been about for years etc etc. Listed as used :?

When it arrived i found it hadnt been laced and is therefore NEW :D. The internals are all mint, just some wear to the ano on the axle stubs, no doubt from being fitted into a fork for show and tell but never built and obviously just got kicked about the spares box. Lockring and spider were included too.

Superb find :D Stripped it to bare and hopefully i can get it re anodized back to red.
And I have a red rear to go with it Double Result :D

Re:

Just won a Scott Expert Racing on eBay. I really bought it for the Judy's, but I might keep it for my eldest daughter.

Pics to follow when I pick it up.

Picked up a few things on the weekend. The Stumpy was a cast-off at the LBS. It was brought in for a "tune-up" (seriously?). Too much $$$ to get it back in form, so the customer bought a new bike, and left it behind. The Z1 works and is in surprisingly good shape under all the mung on it. Bars, X-Rays, derailleurs, and the seat post are coming off. The rest of it is going to the Co-Op. Procalber was the owner's old frame. Judy XL was a take-off from a new bike that got stripped for parts years ago. Box of stuff with 950 cranks, BB, and brakes as well.

5899B4E4-F7E6-4A37-8D56-B18955F4347F-1961-000000C10F00A8A8_zps7a009816.jpg

Back