The other "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread for 98

Re: 1998 Kona Kilauea

3spd":1bmmir04 said:
One owner from new.
16" frame. Dent free but scratched.
Non original parts are seat, rear wheel, cassette,grips,headset and tyres (although have the original Break and Enter tyres, bit bold)
Would (if I can bring myself to part with it) come with new set of decals sourced from Paligap in '98.
Just testing the water as to what it maybe worth.

Re your other thread - some actual info and pictures might get more response.

Re:

My friend brought this round the other day: GT XCR 4000.

I said I'd take a look at it for him, but it turned up in a far worse state than I was expecting, and I have neither the time nor the energy for this one sadly. I said I'd ask around see what it might be worth in its current state, and maybe if it was just brought up to being rideable.

I have the wheels and seat-post and seat, neither are shown in these pics, wheels are deore/weinmann rear and unbranded/weinmann front, Tioga tyres, however one wheel (can't remember which!) has quite a buckle to it.

Pics below:

Re:

markwashington":n7ot4zp6 said:
I would say that cleaned up the GT might make about £100-150 on Ebay with a good wind. As it is, probably £75-100.

Cheers for that. I'll see what my friend wants to do, hopefully sell it as it is!

Picked up a new (to me) trials bike which has got a Chris King rear hub which is pretty much useless to me as I need one with a disc mount but have no idea what they're worth, any advice??

image.jpg.7399081f842014e0b75150ac7a7ff88e.jpg

Kona kilauea 1998 19" bit of surface rust from cable rub here and there but paint good and decals largely intact

Original stem forks seat post and saddle too

How much do we think?

Re: Kona Kula 1998

Hi guys - Just wondering what my '98 Kona Kula might be worth these days. It's in good used condition and fairly original except for some Fred Salmon anodised bits and later XT Hollowtech cranks. Would it be better to break it? The frame is fantastic - I don't know what these Easton Elite frames are worth these days? Groupset is XT/XTR mix and it still has it's original RR XTR rear mech. Don't really want to get rid of it but considering switching to full suspension to soften the impact on my poor old fat ass! Got the original owners handbook and receipt for £1750 when it was new (big money for a bike 18 years ago!).

10995670_10153632110531124_1006061533264892219_n.jpg

Re:

1998 GT Lightning frame.
Not going to get used and can't afford the storage space.
But is it worth selling?
Or should the frame just go above the fire place??

Back