The one thing I hate about cycling is....

I don't much like the rest of the population when I'm out on a ride. The perfect ride for me would involve seeing noone. Don't get me wrong, everyone is as entitled to be enjoying the world as each other, it's just the minor inconvenience of navigating others, all be it someone out for a walk with headphones on, or a car not giving you quite enough room, even the apologetic interaction with someone who's had to round up their 3 lively dogs to let you pass, or the person who didnt hear your bell on the first two rings, and then fell into a bush on the 3rd, bemoaning how you had startled them. I'd much rather have solitude.

I don't much like the rest of the population when I'm out on a ride. The perfect ride for me would involve seeing noone. Don't get me wrong, everyone is as entitled to be enjoying the world as each other, it's just the minor inconvenience of navigating others, all be it someone out for a walk with headphones on, or a car not giving you quite enough room, even the apologetic interaction with someone who's had to round up their 3 lively dogs to let you pass, or the person who didnt hear your bell on the first two rings, and then fell into a bush on the 3rd, bemoaning how you had startled them. I'd much rather have solitude.
try mtb

the glares from some riders, not all though

Maybe the fact that I'm not dressed for the Giro ( I. E baggy t-shirt and shorts) indicates that I may possibly be having too much fun on a 50 year old bicycle

Back