The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Atkin":17uq7ooy said:
I have the Campagnolo group set that came on this bike from new as well, including the headset and seatpost, any idea of which group set it is and the value of it?
Someone sold a NOS Olympus groupset on here a couple of years ago for ~£300 so I'd guess ~£150. I quite fancy a bit of Campag to restore but compatibility and spares cost puts me off.

Woodyuk":17uq7ooy said:
I have Sbike Daytona full Canpag bike.
Bike is all original I have had since new.
£400+ depending on condition (based on sales here) but always easier to sell the frame and parts separately for the best price.

Rob Atkin":1g7bcab8 said:
Rod_Saetan":1g7bcab8 said:
Inicidentally, I wouldn't mind the cassette if you split it all down.

Couldn't split if I wanted to, don't have the right tool to take it off. ;-)

I sold an identical bike last year. You really need to split it. I sold the frame on ebay in worse condition than yours for £100 and the Olympus groupset which was the 2nd from top level MTB groupset at the time, if clean, could net you a tidy sum. If I recall, when I listed the parts separately I got £60 for the cranks, £40 for the cantilevers & £60 for the rear mech. The real prize however is the wheels, these are very rare and use Chorus level rear hub and a Athena level front, very desirable indeed and if clean are worth £130+ with the Campagnolo rims.

Well this is the MTB groupset heirarchy I get from the Campagnolo brochures, but there's a lot of overlap and sharing of parts:

Record OR (92-95)
Icarus (92-93)
Euclid (89-91) "premier Campagnolo group"
Centaur (89-92) "professional level group"
Olympus (91) "will fit well on... medium to high end frames"
Themis (91 only?) "quality to price ratio accessible to all"

Thiinking of selling my 91 Cinder cone, XC Pro rear mech and thumbies, stx rc front mech.

I think the front hub is a Kona Jabba the hub inside a mavic rim, rear is LX paralax in Bonty rim.

Kona Obeam post
Kona Ti railed flite copy saddle
Kona Combo Cage

Shimano XT V brakes and levers
No name riser bars.

I think its a cheap FSA crank set with steal rings on there at the moment.

200026_10150149648108072_3777069_n.jpg

188564_10150149648233072_3191514_n.jpg

lrh":1z47nieq said:
Well this is the MTB groupset heirarchy I get from the Campagnolo brochures, but there's a lot of overlap and sharing of parts:

Record OR (92-95)
Icarus (92-93)
Euclid (89-91) "premier Campagnolo group"
Centaur (89-92) "professional level group"
Olympus (91) "will fit well on... medium to high end frames"
Themis (91 only?) "quality to price ratio accessible to all"

Yeah, I was going by the 91 catalogue pre Record OR and Icarus

456_rich":dbgo70aa said:
Thinking of selling my 91 Cinder cone, XC Pro rear mech and thumbies... Shimano XT V brakes and levers
Red is 1992 I think but worth way more split:

* M739 XT brakes/levers ~£50
* XC Pro Mech/Shifters ~£50
* Frame/Forks/Stem/Wheels ~£100+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back