The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm just after a price please on these someone asked me I go biking with please

There built on 32 hole BCX Bontrager rims with 1.5mm double butted spokes alloy silver nipple turquoise blue Ringle hubs, rear is a super 8 rear hub...wheel set is unused new never been used

Also XT m737 cassette that's new and Panaracer Duster Pro tyres please

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 463
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 463
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 463
racer x":3symwxnf said:
Hi I'm just after a price please on these someone asked me I go biking with please

There built on 32 hole BCX Bontrager rims with 1.5mm double butted spokes alloy silver nipple turquoise blue Ringle hubs, rear is a super 8 rear hub...wheel set is unused new never been used

Also XT m737 cassette that's new and Panaracer Duster Pro tyres please

Check ebay ended autions in the US; a set similar to these just sold last week. Seller was asking $399 USD; not sure if he received it. Nice set of wheels.

Morning all. Apologies as this is my first post and straight onto the financial side! I'm a severely lapsed MTBer (not ridden apart from down the shops in over 10 years!), but am thinking of selling my old full-sus to put towards a hard tail that I can start commuting on and get back into a bit of trail riding. I have a specialized fsr from either 1997 or 98 (it is blue with red Manitou forks). I think that largely all the parts are original apart from a fisik saddle (but that is knackered as I'd had it a long time before buying the specialized). It has had little use because a couple of years after buying it I lost interest in riding and it has been safely in the garage ever since. Any thoughts on price? I will post pictures and list of components in case they are non-standard later. Cheers, Iain.

Ferral":2chiwymj said:
Morning all. Apologies as this is my first post and straight onto the financial side! I'm a severely lapsed MTBer (not ridden apart from down the shops in over 10 years!), but am thinking of selling my old full-sus to put towards a hard tail that I can start commuting on and get back into a bit of trail riding. I have a specialized fsr from either 1997 or 98 (it is blue with red Manitou forks). I think that largely all the parts are original apart from a fisik saddle (but that is knackered as I'd had it a long time before buying the specialized). It has had little use because a couple of years after buying it I lost interest in riding and it has been safely in the garage ever since. Any thoughts on price? I will post pictures and list of components in case they are non-standard later. Cheers, Iain.

Non disc rear, I know the model. I have seen a fair few of these pop up recently on local gumtree for £50-80. Unless in mint condition, or upgrades on drivetrain, wont get much more than that. £100 if you find a really keen buyer perhaps.

If the manitou forks are elastomers, they might be shot as well which wont help your cause.

That said, they are still popular, you wont have problem shifting it if you are realistic about the price :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Spotted on a BSO a set of red DX vbrakes. Told the owner they were probably worth more than the bike.
Anyone know going rate for very good used condition (no scrapes) front and back (no levers).
Was tempted to make him offer but I have nothing in the fleet that red would go with.

MADJEZ":2r4byu44 said:
Spotted on a BSO a set of red DX vbrakes. Told the owner they were probably worth more than the bike.
Anyone know going rate for very good used condition (no scrapes) front and back (no levers).
Was tempted to make him offer but I have nothing in the fleet that red would go with.

A year or so you would have got £35-40 for a full set. Two sets on here recently that weren't selling for £20 or so, was tempted by some myself but thought I had no need for them.

Saying that I expect they'd make £30 on ebay.

coomber":e3cmukyo said:
Ferral":e3cmukyo said:
Cheers, I'll check the drive train. I would be pretty pleased if I can get £100ish for it :)

That would be the higher end I reckon.

This only made £102 and had new parts and better forks:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Specialized-f ... 2a36bbb53e

Frame and bits here made under £30

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/specialized-f ... 2588a9a9c3

But a good clean, plenty of pics, offer postage and see how you get on.

Thanks, as it happens I've decided to keep it, they've started doing the cycle scheme thing at work so I can get a good hardtail for commuting and proper riding and keep the old bike for cycling to the shops etc. Already worked out an off-road route to work. Frothing :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
coomber":2w2835cw said:
MADJEZ":2w2835cw said:

A year or so you would have got £35-40 for a full set. Two sets on here recently that weren't selling for £20 or so, was tempted by some myself but thought I had no need for them.

Saying that I expect they'd make £30 on ebay.
Taa, thought that would be the case. They're currently on an Apollo and the colour doesn't even go !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back