The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Split the parts and donate the frame to us perhaps?
Or donate us the whole bike and it'll live on for another rider ;)
Camo Frame is Rad, LOL

Goody":2wbw9xv2 said:
Was offered 500 not long back and turned it down just because after riding as many bikes as i do of all disciplines i still don't think there is anything out there of this quality for that money..its just about engineering perfection for an xc bike of that type!

,,,and its SO light!

It is a Torus frame isn't it? Looks like it, but the dropouts look different to any I have seen, could be the picture though.
It's worth over £500 in parts. Probably more on eBay depending on what proof you have of its previous life.
If you list the spec it would help.

sproket_jockey":12v0y2gi said:
Hi, this is my first post and not really looking for a valuation of the bike. I want to see if anyone can recognise the bike frame maker?
I was into windsurfing in the nineties and had some F2 sails and gear so know who they are but don't ever remember seeing any MTB's in there line up. Could it be a marketing display made by somebody for them? Bears some similarities with Orange I think. Maybe somebody out there knows some info on the bike, it has not been restored, this is it all original, hardly turned a wheel.

It's an F2 (Fun & Function) Renegade. Shimano Deore LX groupset.

This screams orange to me, the shape of the hanger for the rear canti and the roller for the mech make me think early prestige or similar

Dazzricles said:
This is my 1994 Custom built fillet brazed 653 , built for me when I ran a cycle shop in Leicester by LA Cycles ( frame builders) of Coventry. The rear brake and front and rear gear cables are internally routed and the crud catcher has bosses under the down tube. Kit is XTR with 8speed XT thumbshifts. Paint job was our take on a Klien of that period. Its a very lively machine and at that time considered very light. Its had very little use and was built first and foremost to show the kind of bikes we could build for custom customers . I'm considering selling but no idea how to price it. Advice welcome(quote)

Dont split it.

Rampage":2u61vc68 said:
Goody":2u61vc68 said:
Was offered 500 not long back and turned it down just because after riding as many bikes as i do of all disciplines i still don't think there is anything out there of this quality for that money..its just about engineering perfection for an xc bike of that type!

,,,and its SO light!

It is a Torus frame isn't it? Looks like it, but the dropouts look different to any I have seen, could be the picture though.
It's worth over £500 in parts. Probably more on eBay depending on what proof you have of its previous life.
If you list the spec it would help.

A Torus frame, The MTrax Elite 450. original Spec to be found here on this chart;
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... mId=133352

but I think the fact that it's a pedigree race bike as ridden by a Champ rider adds to the value, and it has been customised too by the looks of it, according to the said Rider.
For what its worth, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271120183307? ... 1423.l2649

Frame ONLY went for over £200 with a dodgy paint job and no marks or decals.
Another Frame set with Sids stem and bars (no wheels or brakes or gears or anything) went for £499 recently! on eBay.
a RSP 600 is on sale here for £300 - thats Frame and Forks ONLY.
I bought a RSP Ti Frame here, with headset only for £180 - and that was because the seller decided to let it go to ME personally for that much - otherwise it'd have been at the £250 mark.

A Dynatech Decade
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ech+decade

Frame and Forks went for £350

And my RSP 350 frame with a new shock, Magura Phaons, stem and bars went for £280.

So judging by this, I'd say it'll be worth much more to a collector, and if bought by a collector. And if sold as a whole bike to an enthusiast here it'll still be worth MUCH more than the paltry sum of £250 for this complete bike as someone mentioned above.

Just the stem is worth close to £70 or so (I just paid £75 for one)

I'd put it on SALE here for however much you think it's worth, with some history and pics and same on ebay as a Buy It Now - as mentioned above.
This is deserving of a buyer, but I can't understand why you want to sell it, I'd keep this forever!

Just for the record, this same model is to be found in the National Cycle Museum in Wales;

http://www.cyclemuseum.org.uk/index.php?page=14

:)

And finally, barrie Clark with one;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ibike_ltd/3201782929/

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
boxxer":2nufjkd5 said:
sproket_jockey":2nufjkd5 said:
Hi, this is my first post and not really looking for a valuation of the bike. I want to see if anyone can recognise the bike frame maker?
I was into windsurfing in the nineties and had some F2 sails and gear so know who they are but don't ever remember seeing any MTB's in there line up. Could it be a marketing display made by somebody for them? Bears some similarities with Orange I think. Maybe somebody out there knows some info on the bike, it has not been restored, this is it all original, hardly turned a wheel.

It's an F2 (Fun & Function) Renegade. Shimano Deore LX groupset.

This screams orange to me, the shape of the hanger for the rear canti and the roller for the mech make me think early prestige or similar

That's no Orange. No non handbuilt Orange had seat stays like that and non were made from plain Tange tubing as far as I know.

Hi,
I have to agree, i don't think it is an Orange but from what i understand in the early days Orange had the frames made for them in the far east (Lester Noble's own words from his interview with Bike Radar "It was easy for us to assemble and make bikes in house, so instead of bringing in a box (where bikes come readymade) we brought in frames and assembled them ourselves" ). Does anybody know who by as i think it may have been by the same people but they have taken a bit from this bike and a bit from that bike, the rear brake cable hanger is identical to those on the early Orange frames.

No suggestions for my P7 2 pages back, anybody?

Otherwise, I'll bung it in the bay and see what comes of it.

Cheers.

MrM":1529olrw said:
No suggestions for my P7 2 pages back, anybody?

Otherwise, I'll bung it in the bay and see what comes of it.

Cheers.

Around £100 on a good day but be prepared to accept less. Think I sold one in worse condition for £60 posted last year.

If I were you I'd stick it on ebay at 99p with a £100 reserve and see how you get on as they sometimes go for daft money on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back