The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CODA Tarantula Competition CNC Crankset

one-eyed_jim":2lu9qvwe said:
Barneyballbags":2lu9qvwe said:
Could someone please give me a rough price on a set of mint (9.5/10) CODA Tarantula Competition Cranks?
I can't give you a price, but the pictured cranks aren't Tarantulas. Tarantula cranks were solid forged aluminium with a separate spider:

http://www.delfyn.cz/inzerat/coda.jpg

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=155258

Decent cranks, but not all that valuable. There were square-taper and Octalink versions.

The cranks in your picture are Coda M900 ("Magic"), made from two machined shells glued together to make a hollow whole, with a special aluminium axle and external bearings. They tend to be worth a bit more.

The cranks pictured are the actual ones which I've bought. I stand corrected that they're Magics and not Tarantulas. Any idea of a rough price on these?

Not sure if I need to sell it or not yet, but an idea of what its worth would be helpful. Cheers. It now has a Kore Elite stem (NOS) fitted and a ringle seatpost, check the link below for a few photos. The drive chain is all like band new, 8 speed. Its generally in very very good nick. 18 inch.
SAM_2117.jpg
[/list]

Gray Fisher with Fox

anybody have any idea what this could be worth ??

Gary Fisher Marlin 2004 (complete bike)
2004 Fox Forks Float 100 RLC's
EA50 Seatpost
Bontrager seat clamp
Bontrager stem SSR
Bontrager Race lite Handle bars & Cranks
Avid speed dial 5's levers & V's
LX 9 speed shifters, rear and front mech 9 speed NOS chain
Mavic x221 rim on specialized front hub straight laced
Mavic x221 rim on rear M510 hub
disc mount on frame, jagwire brake cables inners and outers, red headset spacers, two tyres, set of pedals, specialized grips, velo saddle a2z ti rear skewer, brand new lizard skin, full set of new gear cables

DSCF1553.jpg

DSCF1554.jpg

JonR":evcssn7k said:
Just a quick enquiry, no pics yet. I have a Santa Cruz Heckler from 97, the first year they came about. It’s been well used in the past and I had the paint stripped and re-sprayed in dark grey/black with new “older” decals from Santa Cruz. Bearings are fine but the old rock shox coil might need a fiddle. What would this be roughly worth? I haven’t seen many Santa Cruz frames on here so my guess in they don’t have the same retro chic as some.

This fell flat so maybe some poor quality pics might help.

P1040368.jpg

P1040375.jpg

P1040366.jpg

P1040362.jpg

P1040360.jpg

Last Heckler I saw on ebay full bike went for £148. But that was local pick up only.

Has to be worth £80-100 I reckon. Maybe more.

What size is it out of curiousity?

coomber":2byw5gwa said:
Last Heckler I saw on ebay full bike went for £148. But that was local pick up only.

Has to be worth £80-100 I reckon. Maybe more.

What size is it out of curiousity?

Ooops, should have mentioned that. It's a 16" It is meant to be a small but is more of a S/M by my reckoning.

Similar era Marin B17s seem to go for about £100-150 frame at the mo, which I think is pretty high.

I'd say my £80 was a bit low, if it were mine i'd be looking for about £130 for it i'd say, but thats my opinion. Frame looks well looked after and the paint and decals look great.

I'd make you an offer if I had more than £10 in my pocket!

coomber":24e2zg2b said:
Similar era Marin B17s seem to go for about £100-150 frame at the mo, which I think is pretty high.

I'd say my £80 was a bit low, if it were mine i'd be looking for about £130 for it i'd say, but thats my opinion. Frame looks well looked after and the paint and decals look great.

I'd make you an offer if I had more than £10 in my pocket!

Its been resprayed after quite a long life and the missing screw from the stiffening plate has sheered off so needs drilling out. I think I'll whack it up for 100. Cheers coomber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back