The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FMJ":3bpdw4me said:
Need a quick valuation of this as someone wants to trade me some parts for it. Mint Bonty fork. no rust.

2ce8c923.jpg

minimum of $175 usd; max of $275 usd

How much would you pay for this bike?

1995 Gary Fisher Cronus
dual triple crown rock shox SID fork
White industries cranks
Magura hydraulic brakes
some sort of clip in pedals
Shimano XT components

Im thinking about purchasing this bike used and was wondering what you professionals on this thread think its worth. Im not going to list the asking price because I want an objective opinion. Thanks for your thoughts in advance. Oh and I guess assume everything is working and gently used.

Re: How much would you pay for this bike?

endonut":2wl5usfi said:
1995 Gary Fisher Cronus
White industries cranks
Magura hydraulic brakes
Shimano XT components

Im thinking about purchasing this bike used and was wondering what you professionals on this thread think its worth. Im not going to list the asking price because I want an objective opinion. Thanks for your thoughts in advance. Oh and I guess assume everything is working and gently used.

Any help? Sorry I dont have pictures but any opinions? Also does anyone have thoughts about a dual crown fork on a hard tail?

endonut":8wmjhf5h said:
1995 Gary Fisher Cronus
White industries cranks
Magura hydraulic brakes
Shimano XT components

The White Industry cranks are most likely sugino made, which makes them less desirable. The SID fork might garner some interest, along with the maguras depending on codition. It's a mid-level steel frame if memory serve me correct; is it? Nothing really special about a mid-90's GF/Trek. If everything is in good to great condition- $200 to $300 would be a reasonable to good deal. Less if things are worn out.

Just given them a quick clean and no more, but time to go..price from the experienced would be good and year also would be great

Muddy fox courier comp first..all standard..needs new front brake cable and hanger..cromo frame does have quite a few stone chips/scrapes and some surface rust on those but has no dents dings or cracks 18.5 inch..wheels okay but if you want perfect then a true will be beneficial, seat has side rips. exage 500lx f & r mech, exage 400lx chainset, stis shifters all work okay but a fine fettle will help

scott peak all standard..usual u brake rear with 200gs mechs/rings, 4130 tubing, tyres are okay but i suspect will benefit from being replaced soon, wheels slight true needed, seat tears, again cromo frame stone quite a few chips/scrapes with surface rust but no cracks, dents or dings, some spokes rusty but surface only and still tight and working, gears and brakes could do with some fine tuning but work okay
18.5 inch

diamondback sorrento..all standard bar the seat, altus everything, cromo frame, weinman wheels like the other two with scrapes/stone chips with minor surface rust, wheels again the slightest of trues need to be perfect, and gears and brakes very minor adjustment to be spot on, seat tears..20 inch frame..been using this for two weeks to ride to work and back and works okay

the pictures make them look quite new..they are not..just a good camera :LOL: I was thinking of throwing all three together for pick up..not sure though..any price opinions would be appreciated

DSCF0762.jpg

DSCF0761.jpg

DSCF0775.jpg

DSCF0763.jpg

GoldenEraMTB":2i9j2a8b said:
endonut":2i9j2a8b said:
1995 Gary Fisher Cronus
White industries cranks
Magura hydraulic brakes
Shimano XT components

The White Industry cranks are most likely sugino made, which makes them less desirable. The SID fork might garner some interest, along with the maguras depending on codition. It's a mid-level steel frame if memory serve me correct; is it? Nothing really special about a mid-90's GF/Trek. If everything is in good to great condition- $200 to $300 would be a reasonable to good deal. Less if things are worn out.

Thanks for the feedback, he is asking for $275 for everything which is reasonable. I plan to go take a look today and will post pictures if I purchase it. Im not sure what kind of shifters or wheels he has on the bike. Thanks for giving the heads up about the white industry cranks I will look for the "made in japan for white industries" on the back of the cranks.

GoldenEraMTB":1wbhh02f said:
endonut":1wbhh02f said:
1995 Gary Fisher Cronus
White industries cranks
Magura hydraulic brakes
Shimano XT components

So Im back and I think everything is in pretty good condition. The white industry cranks also appear to be the USA versions. I dont see anything that says made in Japan. The Magura brakes are in pretty good condition so is the SID dual crown fork. The clip in pedals are shimano DX and the chain rings are race face. Shimano XT component group. Syncros seat post with salsa seat clamp. Stem is Specialized A1? Handlebar Easton 50.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

GoldenEraMTB":3ejbg83i said:
FMJ":3ejbg83i said:
Need a quick valuation of this as someone wants to trade me some parts for it. Mint Bonty fork. no rust.

2ce8c923.jpg

minimum of $175 usd; max of $275 usd

on a side note, anyone know where I can source replacement hardware for such a fork? in particular new bolts for the crown and new brake post studs and bolts, preferably Ti if possible. ;)

FMJ, if your swap doesn't go through, be interested in them.

endonut":1vt3hcbq said:
GoldenEraMTB":1vt3hcbq said:
endonut":1vt3hcbq said:
1995 Gary Fisher Cronus
White industries cranks
Magura hydraulic brakes
Shimano XT components

Thanks for the feedback, he is asking for $275 for everything which is reasonable. I plan to go take a look today and will post pictures if I purchase it. Im not sure what kind of shifters or wheels he has on the bike. Thanks for giving the heads up about the white industry cranks I will look for the "made in japan for white industries" on the back of the cranks.

no problem; glad it was useful. Welcome to the site :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back