The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
5169653087_3b8809e2c5_b.jpg

This one I built for peanuts

1997 Univega Alpina 500 22 inch frame -I have a complete bike in blue that has been sitting around in the garage for far too long - the frame is too big for me. I doubt it has done as many as 100 miles and is in very good condition with more scratches from storage than anything else.

RST forks have been fitted otherwise the Spec is as follows :http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=1997&Brand=Univega&Model=Alpina 500&Type=bike

What is it worth please?

Bullpup":1phcoafm said:
1997 Univega Alpina 500 22 inch frame -I have a complete bike in blue that has been sitting around in the garage for far too long - the frame is too big for me. I doubt it has done as many as 100 miles and is in very good condition with more scratches from storage than anything else.

RST forks have been fitted otherwise the Spec is as follows :http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=1997&Brand=Univega&Model=Alpina 500&Type=bike

What is it worth please?

Nice. Univegas are well regarded but not overly popular, so dont tend to make too much. Given the very large size frame also narrows your market, i'd say £100 ish, even if immaculate. The original spec wasnt great so it'll be someone keen on an immaculate large bike with a nice frame. Good luck with the sale.

coomber":1w16ieys said:
Bullpup":1w16ieys said:

What is it worth please?

Nice. Univegas are well regarded but not overly popular, so dont tend to make too much. Given the very large size frame also narrows your market, i'd say £100 ish, even if immaculate. The original spec wasnt great so it'll be someone keen on an immaculate large bike with a nice frame. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks for the reply.

I am in 2 minds about selling it in as much as at that sort of price I am wondering if I might be better off stripping it and transfering the parts to a right sized frame.

You'd make more stripping it and selling it piece by piece, especially if parts are as new as you say. The valuation is only an estimate as well, you might do better if you put it on ebay, or try higher and see what interest you get.

I have a pair of early hope bulb wheels :D Ti freehub 5 bolt spiders all in excellent condition.Laced to x-517 mavics disc only 32h each
The rear is tied in with a non disc tab frame mount,short axle ,bolt and brake torsion brace thingy
+hope skewers XXL rear for this brake system[new]

Pic is of this mount thingy [brakes not included ;) ]

Attachments

• frame adaptor 003 (Large).jpg
    frame adaptor 003 (Large).jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1,952
What could it be worth as I have a bet on it with my wife :shock: , she doesn't like the retro bike and she think it's worth almost nothing - but she bought a new retro ladies jacket in Paris last week and paid a lot :cool:

kopievan002.jpg

more pics here. ->->->Scott Superlite 1990

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back