The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And!....A pic of my old Nisihki Alien..It almost killed me..3 times!!..
The rear wheel brop out faces forward...and as such.. as I got out the saddle to ut the power on..I'd rip the wheel out of the frame....no matter how much I tightened the skewer...I bumped this with the Colella tandem frame before I moved.

Attachments

• Alien.jpg
    Alien.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,362
Re: 96 Zaskar LE - Ball-burnished classic blue/yellow design

FluffyChicken":3lokjp22 said:
JamesK":3lokjp22 said:
Hi everyone,

First of all, sorry for originally posting this in the wrong place...

I'm new to the site and am selling my old 96 Zaskar LE.

The frame has no dents or scratches and polishes up very easily. All components are the originals fitted back in 96 (it was a custom build). Nearly all XT components. 24 speed.

Everything is in good/excellent condition except for the Judy Quadra 21R forks which need to have their springs replacing (you can get them on ebay for about &pound20). It could probably do with the gears tuning. The decals are original (hence the wear) but could easily be replaced.

I'm just trying to get an idea of what it's worth and whether people would be interested in buying it. So, here we go - what's it worth?

Pics ...

Specs

Rear mech: XT
Front mech: LX
Front and rear shifters: XT
Front and rear brakes: XT V-brakes
Front forks: Rock Shox Quadra 21R (needs springs replacing)
Handlebars: Club Roost Comp II 7005
Stem: Syncros
Seatpost: Kalloy
Seat: X-Lite
Pedals: Club Roost
Frond and rear rims: Velocity Deep V Heat Treated (32 hole)
Front and rear wheels: Panaracer DH Magic Kevlar Armored Casing (26 x 2.20)

I've knocked up a page on my wife's website with lots more pictures and details of the specs, condition, etc.

http://www.m-alexis.com/ZaskarLE/ZaskarLE.html

Thanks!
Stem is not Syncros, that just a poor sticker. At best it's Tioga at worst its ?

Thanks for the advice. The bike was serviced about a year ago when my sister was thinking about using it for a triathlon and I wonder if they gave me a cheap stem dressed up as a syncros? I'll make sure that it isn't sold as a syncros stem and I'll also remove the sticker.

Thanks!

KHS Montana Comp

What is a good price for this?
I quite like it, but don't want to pay to much.

Ricthey Logic tubes
LX / DX gear
Ritches Vantage/Megabites Wheels/tires

Attachments

• KHS.JPG
    KHS.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,299
So....?....Any suggestions how much my Mantis frame is worth?.
Nice piece of retro MBing....was very pricey in its day.

I think I have a set of Amp forks to go with it....
Would make a nice ride... :cool: ;)

Hi Cripes, it will be difficult to value based on old photos, photos of similar bikes or just descriptions (unless those green ones are recent). Any damage or wear (chipped paint or dings, cracks etc) will affect the valuation.

The Amp forks alone are likely to be worth over £100 so finding them might be worthwhile :)

Hi Ken,

Well the picture are from when I purchased the frame.
It has since been in the box it arrived in..I took it out to look at it of course....but I have not looked at it since i moved 4 years ago!.

I would say its probably in as good nick as it is in the pictures...I brought the Amp folks to go with it..but just never got round to building.
Now with arthritis since the move..bike ridding has become a long lost memory....which really saddens me.

I also have a Mongoose MX7 frame...I did have a Nishiki Alien...but it almost killed me 3 times in the same ride..so I ditched it with the Colella tandem frame I had.
Unfortuantely just before i moved i stripped my GT RTS1 in the hope to rebuild the parts onto the Mantis or the Mongoose...but the arthritis has kiled my plans....so I have no bike's ridable....except a cheap Tandem with will need sorting befoe it can be ridden..IF i can ride.
I also have a Dawes Double Edge tandem frame. This was the replacement for the Colella...but I snaped the Middleburn cranks and the fork..and busted the rear wheel!!....Not bad when just ridding to and from work...But teh move put everything on hold.

Plus i can find a single decent bike in Fife....i am very dissapoited at the lack of quaility bikes shop's here in Scotland...As I was hoping i could pay to have the tandem rebuit etc..

Hi,

I have a Claud Butler Cape Wrath and a Diamond Back Ascent EX both from about 1988/89.

Both in need of plenty of TLC both have a mix of original & modern parts.

Are they worth saving or selling (whole or stripped)?

Both frames are 20".

DSCF11791024x768.jpg

DSCF11831024x768.jpg

DSCF11801024x768.jpg

DSCF11861024x768.jpg

DSCF11811024x768.jpg

DSCF11851024x768.jpg

DSCF11841024x768.jpg

DSCF11761024x768.jpg

DSCF12011024x768.jpg

DSCF12031024x768.jpg

DSCF12021024x768.jpg

DSCF12001024x768.jpg

DSCF11971024x768.jpg

DSCF11901024x768.jpg

DSCF11911024x768.jpg

DSCF11941024x768.jpg

AH! ..Man!...the Diamondback takes me back to my 1st MB...Diamond Apex from 88...in the same smoke lilac paint.
I was told they painted the frames and while still wet they used coloured smoke cannisters underneath the frame to make the smoke effect.
Probably not true...but sounds cool.!....lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back