The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
its definatley a '94 frame, i bought it in the october as it was reduced to £375 i think for the frame and the new '95 colour was full price...£450 i think...

all up the bike was built at a cost of about £1400 in christmas '94...hell the RC35 forks were neck end of £400 back then...

but that doesnt really relate to its value 15 years later! :D

somewhere in that price region you said seems good to me...

i'll generate a forslae article next week i think.

as for teh measurements yeah its a bit funny. its 19" i think to the top of teh seat tube as you say...and the new Hoss is stickered up as 20" but measures 17.5" CL bot.brkt to CL top tube...the length of tube above the top tube seems a little pointless to me...

hey ho im not complaining though.

Hi

I have a Raleigh Peak bought from new in May 1992 and thoroughly thrashed/used by me until very recently

The attached pic probably flatters it
And I know my garage door should be my next job

The BB and headset are both sloppy and I apologise for the reflectives too
It was used as safety car to my daughters tag along which explains the red bracket on the seatpost
The original pedals long since vanished, Ive been using SPDs which Ive put on my other bike now

Apat from 'new' tyres around 2001 its original as far as I remember

Now Ive always thought that I would spend some time and energy refurbing it myself on day but this just isnt going to happen anytime soon and so Im wondering what it would be worth and where (besides here) to try to sell it

I cant remember its official size but it does look a bit like a farm gate and was likely to have been the biggest they made

Thanks for listening!

4607275984_7fd18e700a_b.jpg

Claud butler Banshee, it's yellow and White has a Reynolds 500 sticker, everythings exage, have a pic but computers well and truely broke and can't post it from my phone

(re-posted from for sale forum)

Klein Adroit hard-tail frame in Hawaiian Sunset colours
Frame number starts K20T0496. Therefore date is April 1996, Medium (20") frame size.
4611387875_1544cc75f7.jpg

FlightDeck handlebar/stem assembly (not modified)
Rock Shock Judy SL front suspension
Mavic Crossland Rims
Mavic Crossland hubs
Radial spoke pattern (except for dished side of rear wheel)
Paranaracer FireXCPro tyres
Shimano XTR cranks, drivetrain and derailleur
Shimano XTR Rapidfire shifters and brake assembly
Shimano XTR V-Brakes (with parallelogram)
Deore XT front changer
Thomson Elite seat post
Flite Titanium saddle
Weighs 21.6 lbs (measured using a digital bathroom scale, so may not be accurate)
Pedals not included.

The condition is very good, but it does have some paint chips. The worst area is around the chainstays. The forks also need servicing, which is beyond my skills.

more pictures on flickr here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/digiwill/sets/72157623947335689/
(Includes all paint chips)

will
unfortunatley the paint chips are structural
and you will have to let me take the klein off your
hands for 35 quid
seriously though you will sell that bike then regret it
and be back on this website in a few years trying to rebuild a klein like that!
trust me i sold my dream bike years ago and now i am building it up again
keep the klein dude !

Just look at the prices of completed Klein bikes on eBay to get an indication of the value of your bike, but I reckon you could realistically expect at least £800 for it, if not a touch more.

As you can see from the responses you've got thus far you can tell it is a desirable bike.

If you do decide to sell it, be prepared to send it worldwide to get the best price or if you want to give it away just offer local pickup and then watch someone else re-advertise it as worldwide postage and get a better price - depends how generous you are.

Little Mark":2wbmneve said:
Just look at the prices of completed Klein bikes on eBay to get an indication of the value of your bike, but I reckon you could realistically expect at least £800 for it, if not a touch more.

As you can see from the responses you've got thus far you can tell it is a desirable bike.

If you do decide to sell it, be prepared to send it worldwide to get the best price or if you want to give it away just offer local pickup and then watch someone else re-advertise it as worldwide postage and get a better price - depends how generous you are.

Id agree about £800 ish,
you could bend the forum rules a little bit and ask £1000 or offers ? :twisted: :oops:
you would also make more money selling the bits and the frame seperately.. and it would be easy to sell all the bits on here.
i could see someone pay £450- £600 for frame and mc2
Or put it on e-bay with a £800 reserve and see if it sells .
however .... it is a lot of money and its not an early klein so i could be over estimating the price a little.

USE Stealth Suspension Forks

Had these since 1996, but only used for about 5 months, and not since 1996.
They come with both canti and v-brake braces, threaded steerer (11/:cool:, a service kit, which included both bushes and seals. Spare elastomers and tools to dismantle.
I've checked the air compression damper and it appears to hold pressure.

Any idea of value, because I plan on selling them and passing on to somone who will make use of them.

Thanks,

Attachments

• PICT0677_resize.jpg
    PICT0677_resize.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,747
  • PICT0678_resize.jpg
    PICT0678_resize.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,747
how much is my 1995 marin team ti frame and forks worth

looking for a bit of advice and an idea of the value for a 1995 marin team ti frame and original rock shox judy forks with 1" steerer tube

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back