The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Orange aluminum Elite whats it worth?

wool":28hj2f3g said:
Owned from new 1992 All XT it has hung in my garage for 5 years and had been retired in 97 and riden very sporadicly. after a merlin mountain arrived. New drive chain and |RC35s and I have still have the Orange big fork and stem. Currentley runing a thompson stem and a head set reducer 1/8th from evolution so the RC35's would run on it.
Ground controls on it as well !

I think i might have to go due to the fact its never used, quite reluctant.

A pic and frame size would help but i'd guess around £250

GT RTS-1 (1993) frame, shock and Ti frame bolt upgrade kit

Currently built up, but I am considering selling as I have a Team version and need some space for an AMP. It is a 16 inch frame, very few marks. US built (and sold, I imported it last year), shock is in great shape and has had all of the frame bolts upgraded to titanium ones (I believe that this includes all pivot bolts, shock mounts etc). I know what it ows me, but what it is worth may make me decide to sell or not. Oh yes, it also has a custom set of decals that replaces the cracked ones it came with (light blue/dark blue).

Attachments

• RTS-1-Retro-small.jpg
    RTS-1-Retro-small.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 2,432
Need to get some cash...
what´s this worth?

4348996581_4068dbcee2_o.jpg

1994 S works steel bike, complete - frame, forks, original wheels, ti stem, seatpost, saddle, 7 speed lx hubs, lx brakes, lx brake shifter combi's but 8 speed (I just set it up not to use the 8th) overall excellent condition for age ... any ideas on value as thinking of selling soon, can't ride this sort of low front end rigid bike anymore, shame it's so light and fast :cry:

Erm, also, 94 S Works FSR frame, good condition - few stonechips on downtube, bushes worn but I have 2 NOS replacement sets ... value?

And, Specialized Ground Control A1 (?) the softail type design, frame and Q21R forks, excellent condition ... value?

I've been out the loop for a while so lost track of what these might be going for or worth.

Wait, there's more while I'm here ...

Full set of silver Avid Tri-Aligns and ano red Ultimate levers, all excellent condition apart from the allen heads on the Tri-Aligns which are a bit worn ... value please?

:)

Original JMC x-c hardtail/ training bike

Pics of JMC bike attached as per earlier post (several weeks ago). The bike was one of his hardtail training bikes, procured when I worked at Hardisty Cycles (who were his sponsor at the time in the North East) back in the early 90s, before he turned pro for specialized. It was well battred and was originally black/white, I then had it respayed in same scheme, but red/white. The frame was made by Kev Winter and i think its Columbus thron, but may be wrong??

Half the kit is original and half updated since. see what you think. I have no plans for bike really. Have had it for around 17 years anyway, although it has hardly been used in last 10years. Its a bit battered and was used in first few years after i attained it but not much since then. Has just been serviced and although heavy is in perfect working order. have posted some info before, so you may be able to find original threads.
Details of kit below from what I remember:
Original kit:
Deore LX canti’s
Deore DX frt mech
Specialized chainset with Middleburn cranks
Deore XT thumbies
Mavic X517 rim on Xt bub
Zoom 170 bars
Avid levers
Titanium flite saddle

Newer kit:
Retro Ritchey Omega Lite 2.1 tyres
XT rear mech, nearly new
RR wheel, Truvativ hub,, SUP rim
Road Headset, Campag Chorus
Road stem 140mm Syncros
Shimano Spds
Concept bar ends

Let me know what you think, I may sell as need to rationalise anyway..

Attachments

• JMC6.jpg
    JMC6.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 2,259
  • JMC2.jpg
    JMC2.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 2,259
  • JMC7.jpg
    JMC7.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 2,259
Re: Original JMC x-c hardtail/ training bike

bm10":3iee271q said:
Pics of JMC bike attached as per earlier post (several weeks ago). The bike was one of his hardtail training bikes, procured when I worked at Hardisty Cycles (who were his sponsor at the time in the North East) back in the early 90s, before he turned pro for specialized. It was well battred and was originally black/white, I then had it respayed in same scheme, but red/white. The frame was made by Kev Winter and i think its Columbus thron, but may be wrong??

Half the kit is original and half updated since. see what you think. I have no plans for bike really. Have had it for around 17 years anyway, although it has hardly been used in last 10years. Its a bit battered and was used in first few years after i attained it but not much since then. Has just been serviced and although heavy is in perfect working order. have posted some info before, so you may be able to find original threads.
Details of kit below from what I remember:
Original kit:
Deore LX canti’s
Deore DX frt mech
Specialized chainset with Middleburn cranks
Deore XT thumbies
Mavic X517 rim on Xt bub
Zoom 170 bars
Avid levers
Titanium flite saddle

Newer kit:
Retro Ritchey Omega Lite 2.1 tyres
XT rear mech, nearly new
RR wheel, Truvativ hub,, SUP rim
Road Headset, Campag Chorus
Road stem 140mm Syncros
Shimano Spds
Concept bar ends

Let me know what you think, I may sell as need to rationalise anyway..

i'm no expert but ex pro bikes tend to fetch around £500 ish on ebay so if you take that as a base line. you can knock a wedge off that as it is not original scec or paint but then add a huge load back on becauuse of who's bike it was. is there absolute proof of its history though? i'm not doubting you, just something a potential buyer would be cautious of before shelling out big noney.

hope that helps, probably wont though!

i now wait to get blown out of the water with cries of "that's a rediculous price"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back