The "old" XT brake cable and housing.

Motorbike parts...try venhill. I use a ferrule to make the smaller ends bigger, so the slimmer new cables don't flap in the levers etc.

Or go for bigger cable sets

Yeah I'm going to mail a big scooter/motor parts internet shop tommorow.
I used to buy parts for my Zoomers there, they know things.
I'm fairly sure the outers for scooter/motor brakes are 6mm/2mm or close to that.

edit: lol @ they know things.
What I meant if you have a question they most likely have the answer right away.
Knowledgeable, that was the word I should have used. 🤣

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'm finding some stuff, hadn't yet emailed anyone but it seems they did use cables from old scooters/race bikes.
Now 20 meters might be a tad much but it's still cheaper then getting it outside of the EU. 🫤

Then again I do have 3 Koga's from 91 which all take them.

I have 2 bikes I need cables for, these are 6MM housing and 2mm innards.
What are my options apart from finding them NOS on fleebay and paying 1 million dollars..
Ideally I'd like the XT / Shimano labelled ones but I assume these came in different brands seeing the 80's all had these kind of cables on bikes?

Anyone replaced their cables and what did you end up using?
I can re-use the cables themselves if I keep the flatbar, are motorcycle housings around the same diameter when I can't find anything else?

Attachments

• IMG_4533.jpeg
    IMG_4533.jpeg
    997.9 KB · Views: 5
motorcycle outters are bigger i think they dont have as much flex in them either
what jagwire or fibrax do they have any

Back