The Mountain Bike Show - ITV 1992

do you have a recordable dvd? play the tape & record onto the dvd? hey i'm far from the practical type with electronical stuff ;)

scant":15ppzu8h said:
do you have a recordable dvd? play the tape & record onto the dvd? hey i'm far from the practical type with electronical stuff ;)

Oooo, that sounds far to advanced for me. What's a dvd? :? I'm a Retro person after all ;)

Seriously though, no I haven't - but I know someone who may. It was an avenue I was considering so I'll make a few enquiries.

Finished watching now and there's all the BMBF series races and the '94 national Cyclo-cross Champs on the tape.

Also found another tape with the first stage of the '96 Mountain Bike Tour of Britain held at Fort Widley near Portsmouth. this is followed by a couple of stages of the '94 Tour de France. I've got quite a few with mid/late 80's TdF on them.

I'll have to try and find a friend with a VCR/DVD-R combo.

I remember hearing about the Mountain Bike Tour of Britain at the time - what happened? Who took part? Wasn't there a women's one too? Was there only ever one?

orange71":32txqf57 said:
I remember hearing about the Mountain Bike Tour of Britain at the time - what happened? Who took part? Wasn't there a women's one too? Was there only ever one?

There was a womens' event, Caroline Alexander was an easy winner of the first stage even with a puncture.

Can't remember if there were any more - but I know a man who will!

It wasn't really a 'Tour of Britain' - just a race at each of 6 different places, the furthest north being in the Midlands (Birmingham?).

given the current trans-wales, trans-scotland & mega enduro events a mtb tour of britain race would probably be well attended

Old Ned":hcnwf60m said:
orange71":hcnwf60m said:

There was a womens' event, Caroline Alexander was an easy winner of the first stage even with a puncture.

It wasn't really a 'Tour of Britain' - just a race at each of 6 different places, the furthest north being in the Midlands (Birmingham?).

I rode it ( 1996 I think) on very little training after 3 years out of racing - not one of my best ideas :roll:

flyingwelshman":2mz5rfms said:
Old Ned":2mz5rfms said:
orange71":2mz5rfms said:

I rode it ( 1996 I think) on very little training after 3 years out of racing - not one of my best ideas :roll:

In comparison, you feature very strongly in the 7-Up BMBF events.

Including a comment in the last one (Scarborough?) which was very muddy that you would have a definite advantage as you were riding an Alpinestars with e-stays.

Was there any advantage?

Back