Newnham Park - Grundig World Cup 199? (photo heavy)

longun":eonbn00d said:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39403

forgot i had this,looks like it was 94,first year it was at newnham :D

The pics in this thread may well be from 94, but the UK World Cup round was deffo at Newnham in 1993 for first time, I know this for sure as I 'retired' at the end of 93 and Newnham was one of my last rides. As for me in 1994 I was starting a career in Leisure Management, drinking beer ;) ;) and spending time with a girl who is now my wife :LOL: :LOL:

Great pics!

Whats scary is that I recognise those bits of course, and the pain comes flooding back! :)
I still think Newnham is one of the best courses for a race. Good mix of fast rooty downhill, open moorland, bombholes, pipeline, deceptively hard hills, stream crossings, rocky sections..ahh. :D

gump":2qgryph8 said:
Great pics!

Whats scary is that I recognise those bits of course, and the pain comes flooding back! :)
I still think Newnham is one of the best courses for a race. Good mix of fast rooty downhill, open moorland, bombholes, pipeline, deceptively hard hills, stream crossings, rocky sections..ahh. :D

A true classic IMO

I know its a long trek for most but Newnham Park should be a retro meet venue in 2009. If you're still allowed to ride there of course?

Wow, great to see these pic's. Have to install my vcr again and see the 1995 Grundig cup's of Houffa, St Wendel, Australia and lots more....

Thanks for the great pics - especially that one with Tinker riding the Klein (1993). Didn't know he actually used the Team Storm jersey too.
And I own those wheels now! :D

Newnham '93

I rode in the vets race, think it was 35 for vet status back then. I was nearly always in the prizes at local races but was absolutely nowhere in the national field that day.
I've got similar pics of C Alexander + I think Paula Pezzo (?) with well unzipped top. Ned Overend was there - I was a big fan of Neddy (bit older but could still whip those young punks.)

Back