The Mendip Mauler 22 March 2015 ** New Sportive warning **

Re: The Mendip Mauler Retrobike Club Ride- 22 March 2015

I'm going to be on my Synapse disco bike, coz I'm coming straight from Wales and don't want to leave my De Rosa in the car overnight.

Re:

Phew - for one horrible moment there, I though I was going on a death march round Kent.
If the weather is OK I will bring the Peg. Its been tucked up all winter waiting for dry roads. If wet and mucky, I will bring the plastic hack.

:( I've only got one bike!!

I'll probably be on my Giant OCR winter bike. Bringing the 3 speed depends on how brave (or foolish) I'm feeling.

Heads up courtesy of Uncle Monty.

Looks like we're going to clash with a sportive organised by Drew Buck who's a big wig on the audax scene. It could be very popular as a result, so suggestions about what we should do would be welcome.

http://www.somervalley.org.uk/event/svc ... ce_id=3683

We could try for another weekend in September, which will be quieter.

Happy to try again later in the year ? Got a big ride on the Tuesday after so kinda a bit relieved!! :LOL: :LOL:

What is everyone else doing?

Re:

None of my vintage vessels are built for going up cheddar gorge... or down it!

Put my name down for the 22nd, even if I have to meet you guys at the top :oops:

Later in the year makes sense. More time to train on the three speed.

Re: Re:

Singletrackjack":21jjym2h said:
None of my vintage vessels are built for going up cheddar gorge... or down it!

Put my name down for the 22nd, even if I have to meet you guys at the top :oops:

Cheddar Gorge is really not that hard, just long. There is really only one short steep section / corner which only takes a few minutes to walk...erm, allegedly. :oops:

I'd be up for this later in the year, especially early September as by that time there shouldn't be so many coaches parked in Cheddar.

The climb up from Wookey to Priddy is interesting. :twisted:

So is the consensus that we postpone it till September ?

Back