The Mendip Mauler 22 March 2015 ** New Sportive warning **

Blimey what sort of gradients are we going up?!? :shock:

Car sharing out for me , coming down with the family they are having a day out too :D

Hopefully the wind will drop

I think the climb out of Wookey is a 20% one but not too long. Cheddar gorge has a 20% apex but soon drops off. My bottom gear of 39/28 will be perfect :)

Adam's legs will be well and truly fec ked...so he only has himself to blame as he picked the route..hehehe.

Splendid day, apologies for being tardy but I really needed those eggs Benedict as a second breakfast and the secret visit to the Cheddar chippy, fills the gap better than a posh panini any day.

Great weather and Tarloone route comedy made for a fun day out.

Love that hill from Wookey, it's steeeeep with sheeeep.

Atop the suitably named Awkward Hill. :D

Attachments

• Awkward Hill..jpg
    Awkward Hill..jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 514
Was a fab day out...cheers Adam for the route :)
Glad to have got in 2 gorge descents after myself, Chris and Dave went back again...and the climb out proper too...and yep that 2nd corner back up was a bugger!!
Again, great day out and a good regular group forming too..Happy Days :)

Great day out and great company as ever. Cheers Adam for a lovely route around the mendips. The climb out of Wookey was something else!

Re:

Many thanks for organising another great ride Adam.

Dry roads, a bit of sunshine and a fun day out. All in good company as usual.

All the best: Chris.

'twas a grand day out. Several highlights although the route (mis)leading by Tarloone was the gift that kept giving :)

Made it home in time to lie around and watch the last 2 hours of MSR whilst enjoying a glass of beer (or two) and the odd snooze, champion!

Such a funny day and a great ride with the usual faces hopefully one of many for this year.

Adam was hilarious in his Audax worn out state and tubegate was the highlight for me , I cannot believe I had forgotten how brutal Wookey climb is ....horried

Good to see everyone

Back