The MBUK 20th Anniversary Zaskar

pjlarge

Dirt Disciple
OK, this is probably going to raise a few eyebrows, however having recently been out on a ride with Easy_Rider and having ridden his genuine retro Parkpre, I want something more period - namely an Attitide or Adroit.

I've decided to sell the GT as it hardly gets used, and in all honesty I don't find it that comfortable. I'm sure Easy_Rider will comment on how it rides, he seemed to like it :cool:

As some of you will know, the original frame that was built up by MBUK cracked on the seat tube. This was proven to be a manufacturing defect and the UK importer replaced the frame with no questions. Whilst this failure of the original frame may lead the bike to be classed by some as Triggers' Broom, all other parts on the bike are exactly as built by MBUK. The only exception being the handlebars, which I replaced with flats, however the original risers are also included.

The spec is as follows:

GT Zaskar 20th Anniversary re-issue
Medium Frame
Rock Shox Reba forks, resprayed in Judy Yellow
Remote lock-out for the forks
Shimano XT Shifters, front & rear mech
Shimano XTR SPD's
Race Face Deus XC Cranks
New SRAM chain
Hope Mini Mono Hydraulic Brakes & Braided hoses in one-off anodised purple
Hope Pro II Hubs in one-off anodised purple
MBUK laser etching on all Hope products
Ritchey Grips
Kore stem and carbon seatpost
Flite Saddle
XT Shark Fin
Control Tech Carbon Fibre bar-ends
DT Swiss EX5.1 Wheelset, black spokes, stainless nipples
Skinwall Panaracer Smoke & Dart tyres (still with original hairs on them)
Multiple sets of decals in numerous colours (*way* more than pictured)
MBUK Magazine detailing the bike's build
Production certificate

There are probably some other bits I've forgotten about, feel free to ask any questions.

I ride all my bikes, and this one has also been ridden as it was intended to be. I've not had it any distance on the Panaracers, it's always worn 'going out' shoes. Everything else is in A1 condition, I put a new chain on it when I re-built it, although it didn't really need it. No parts are worn or damaged, the forks have picked up a couple of small stone chips, but you barely notice them. In all, you'd be hard pushed to buy any bike in better condition.

Now, price. That's a difficult one, but I know the rules of the site, and they stipulate there must be a price. This is a really difficult bike to put a price on as it's a total one-off. I'm advertising it here first to see if there's any enthusiast interest as I want it to go to a good home, if it gets no interest then it'll go on ebay after a week or so. In many regards, it's worth more in parts than complete, but I'd never break it, nor do I want to see it broken. With this in mind, I'm putting an arbitrary price of £2000 on it, but I'll entertain offers.

Below are photos of the bike as it is now

Please PM me in the first instance and I can pass on contact details.

I'm happy to consider shipping it anywhere in the world, or of course you are welcome to come and see it and collect yourself.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

Great to see some decent pictures taken with a decent camera. Some of the sales on here should be to fund a decent camera !

A mate of mine has just bought a new 20th Ani Frame. It cost him a small fortune. So I don't think you are that far away with starting at £2K.
His too came with the cert and a variety of stickers.

Good luck with the sale................

Having seen this bike in the flesh and have been luckily enough to ride it, it really is as stunning as those pictures show. Any potential buyers will not be disappointed :cool:

A truly gorgeous work of art.

I find it strange though with all the money that was spent on producing such a one-off that they didn't use blanking bolts on the forks :LOL:

Take it you aren't the original winner of the bike? Because didn't he/she flog it on ebay?

Back