The Gates; Not another Gate ride. Saturday 18th July 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
james1985":jiekpu2n said:
So what bikes are people gonna be riding? I really need to get in the workshop and check the old Orange still works. If not, I will have to bring something shiny that I have spent ages cleaning!

Went for a ride across the meadows last night and the recent rain hasnt done anything to soften the ground. The Muirwoods at times felt like riding a pneumatic drill but this was at 'speed' whilst trying to keep up with my 14yo son. Hopefully we will be more sedate but i still think i will opt for comfort option of my recently acquired ally Lobster.

Re:

'Gates' bikes need to be very comfortable and be light. Firstly for the endless bumps and long time spent riding the thing, secondly for lifting bikes over the numerous gates.

Re: Re:

REKIBorter":3loc55zb said:
'Gates' bikes need to be very comfortable and be light. Firstly for the endless bumps and long time spent riding the thing, secondly for lifting bikes over the numerous gates.

Sounds like I have the perfect bike, my leading link forked Merlin. :LOL: Maybe by next year it will be more than just a pile of parts :oops: O well. Fully rigid for now :mrgreen:

Re:

Sorry for the late reply to this thread, would it be ok if I tagged along on this one?

I've not been on a retro ride since the Peaks last September, could really do with getting out and blowing some dust off one of my retro bikes (or getting some more dust on one).

Re:

anyone bringing any tat along to sell/trade or leave in Marks' garden?

Anyone want some potatoes? Can dig up some lovely fresh Pentland Javelin from my allotment if needed.

Re: Re:

Gruff":z2ko86fo said:
anyone bringing any tat along to sell/trade or leave in Marks' garden?
I've got a couple of tatty framesets that I'd like to karma/fly tip, I always end up rescuing bikes from the car boot or scrap yard that are too big for me.

Similarly I also have a Dawes Wildcat complete bike that I'd like to sell off cheaply. This one's another car boot rescue and I've put a lot of time into a full strip down and rebuild on this one with as much of the original bike as possible. The frame has a lot of patina but otherwise it's a good solid bike, would make a good pub or work bike I'd say. Would be happy to chuck this in the car if there's any interest....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back