The FUQUAY is alive!! Any Fuquay lovers in here :)

Re:

I found a very poor scan of them online, if you want a copy let me know your email address.

Re: Re:

Gruff":3dts9yjr said:
I found a very poor scan of them online, if you want a copy let me know your email address.

Cheers Gruff, I'm all good for now thanks, all working fine and now all perfectly aligned. Running single bearing shields and it's never going to be ridding in peat bog conditions haha!

Thanks to many here on the forum I've finally built up the cream of my Retro fleet...

This frame has been passed around a few members on the forum but I took the time to remove the seized seatpost and turn it into a lovely bike.

Greatly appreciate any comments or info on this Fuquay frame, also do people think the 'Jerry' decal is original to the frame as it looks out of place IMO? From reading up on here and info passed from previous owners, I am told that it was Greg Fuquay's show bike for London Bike Show 97, it has a few small blemishes on it but overall looks great and satisfies my purple fetish haha! Also component wise, I've tried to keep it as 1997 as possible, again comments welcome on anything that stands out as totally wrong to the period (except the repro Flite Saddle, ODi grips, modern day gold chain and cassette and possibly pedals - i'm still on a learning curve to remember what was what in 97, I was only 15 years old at the time!).

Those with a good eye will notice the mechs are for 9spd but it's running 8 speed shifters and cassette, I wanted to keep it all XTR and having trouble finding reasonably priced XTR 8 speed mechs, the 9 speed seems to work perfectly fine.

Tom
Hi Tom,

Really nice example, I must get mine built up again, I've just been chatting with Greg and your bike was indeed named in honour of Jerry Garcia.

Hi Tom,

Really nice example, I must get mine built up again, I've just been chatting with Greg and your bike was indeed named in honour of Jerry Garcia.
Ahh thanks for the info, so you know Greg? Any more intel on this frame please? It's changed a bit since the prev posts... 20220415_125720.jpg 20220415_125858.jpg 20220415_130343.jpg

Last edited:
Back