The FUQUAY is alive!! Any Fuquay lovers in here :)

Re: Re:

MatBH5":1rpucicx said:
Very nice indeed. I wish I’d persevered and got that seatpost out myself. Proper lightweight too.

The impression I had was that the ‘Jerry’ is the original name and was a tribute to Jerry Garcia of the grateful dead (band). He died in 1995 so not sure whether that would link to a build being completed a year or so later for this frame.

Now, I can’t recall exactly where I got this info but it could have been from the son-in-law of the long term ‘original’ owner, an employee (welder) of Greg’s in Ipswich. That’s where I got the frame.

Regards
Mat

Haha Mat, if it is true, that's a bit of an odd story! Greg named it after someone in a band who died?? I just wish Mr Fuquay was on the forum to ask himself haha! Cheers for all the positive comments guys, anyone ever messed about with Latex innertubes to loose weight? Skinny tubes kinda goes against the grain in longevity but wonder if others had experience with doing it?

mynchiboy":372anmiq said:
jez-4-bikes-max":372anmiq said:
That has come out extraordinary!

Indeed it has! It's come up really well and great job removing the seatpost without damaging the paint... Plenty of love for Fuquay around here :cool:

Although the P2 is perfectly fine I reckon a Yellow Judy SL fork would look the nuts on this (if suspension's your thing).

How does it ride :?:

7 months later... finally took your advice and tracked down some lovely Judy SLs and must agree does look and ride great! I've swapped out the skewers since photo to Svelte Purples and the pedals to some spuds. I've managed to track down Mr Fuquay himself and sent him a message to see if he can give me some intel on it, I just hope he is kind enough to reply :)

Currently weighs in at 10.8kgs/23.8lbs so still a really good weight. Latex tubes and back to flat pedals will shed me around a further 300g.

Attachments

• 20190314_125906_resized_1.jpg
    20190314_125906_resized_1.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 437
  • 20190314_151413_resized_1.jpg
    20190314_151413_resized_1.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 437
  • 20190314_120947_resized.jpg
    20190314_120947_resized.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 437
Re:

Very nice!
I was tempted by this when it was for sale. Do i spy a Real bottom bracket??

boxxer":3alvocna said:
What did you do with the MAg 21's on the other photo?

Its a MAG 21 SL, its currently sat in my collection of forks ready for another build :)

Gruff":tbm3zvz8 said:
Very nice!

Jesus you have good eyes!! How could you tell - just from the cup? It was a random nos find in a local bike shop that I got for cheap, bugger to fit and fine tune but got there with it :)

TOMAS":3hfxv5i0 said:
Gruff":3hfxv5i0 said:
Very nice!

Jesus you have good eyes!! How could you tell - just from the cup? It was a random nos find in a local bike shop that I got for cheap, bugger to fit and fine tune but got there with it :)

Gareth’s got super visionary powers and a fetish for bottom brackets that have odd coloured cups either side and a ton of fancy anodised spacers in board on the middle of the axle arranged in pretty colours

He also likes to reference the word “minty” a lot but must have resisted the urge to use it in this post ^^

:LOL:

Retro Spud":1iosocfs said:
TOMAS":1iosocfs said:
Gruff":1iosocfs said:
Very nice!

Gareth’s got super visionary powers and a fetish for bottom brackets that have odd coloured cups either side and a ton of fancy anodised spacers in board on the middle of the axle arranged in pretty colours

He also likes to reference the word “minty” a lot but must have resisted the urge to use it in this post ^^

:LOL:

PMSL!!!!
Nick what are you on! :LOL:

As you say i had great fun with my Real BB as the instructions telling you which cup goes in which side are wrong! worked it out after knackering the threads on the silver cup but luckily Spud came to the rescue with a parts one :D

haha, wish I had the luxury of instructions! Fitment of mine involved a lot of measuring with calipers, measuring again with calipers, logic and my engineers 'nack'... oh and tearing it apart and swapping stuff around when chainline wasn't quite right and doing it all over again! haha I also only bought it because it was £10 (cheaper than a shimano sealed unit)...

Back