The end of FM broadcasts

legrandefromage":fs36m55r said:
Iwasgoodonce":fs36m55r said:
What's FM? 198 Longwave here. Test Match Special rules.

you'll lose that too - no more 'AM' bands (LW/MW/SW)

The final straw. Brown has always had it in for me. Must have slept with his wife or something. This sleeper is awake and moving in.

Gordon, I can see you:

Attachments

• .50 CAL.jpg
    .50 CAL.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 597
to be honest - its just about the last straw for me. DAB is not the way forward, there are times when analogue is better.

They should be able to do two things afterwards:
1 Turn up DAB transmitter power (badly needed)
2 Increase the number of DAB multiplexes, so a decent bitrate pulls the audio quality up.

Here's hoping. :shock:

hamster":kn2tkyuf said:
They should be able to do two things afterwards:
1 Turn up DAB transmitter power (badly needed)
2 Increase the number of DAB multiplexes, so a decent bitrate pulls the audio quality up.

Here's hoping. :shock:

and also replace the 35 million FM radios and 38 million FM car radios...

DAB is out of date and not an 'upgrade'

hamster":2sgxb7v2 said:
Well, FM is a 1940's technology ;)

Your bike is based on 19th century technology - better buy a new one... :roll:
That is not the point.

FM works and is almost universally available across the world - current DAB is based on old inferior (to FM) technology that is out of date in comparison to what could be available and differs from what other countries have or will adopt.

You'd have to take about 4 different radios if you wanted to listen to radio in each country.

As before - there are some 60 million FM recievers in the UK alone, how is that environmentally friendly to make them obsolete and for us all to adopt a new standard when that standard is NOT an upgrade, its an inferior method of transmission.

The DAB recievers in circulation are already failing at a considerable rate (going by what I see down the tip) and will need replacing as well.

:roll:

Back