The Bottom Bracket Axle length directory!

I'd like to see a data base which tells me what cranks will work with the 121mm UN71 BBs I keep on getting with frames...

SF klein is right. . . to a point. I think we'te talking basically standard 68mm/73mm BB shells.
Early Klein/high-end Fat/Early Merlin, and early fisher to name a few used pressed in axles, and thier shells were not 68/or 73mm (and we've not even mentioned 70mm italian yet(!) ) so these can be considered the exception. Thanks for that info though SF klein, great reference source.

IIRC, the inability to get a proper chainline with M950 XTR was a main driver behind switching to a regular BB shell on the attitude/ adroit. With the width of the press in shell, it just wan't possible.

And largeandfromage, 122.5 is defo correct for M730 cranks on an M730 BB, Esp. on a GT with a 73mm BB shell

interesting topic, something i know i have to look into as i plan on installing a new BB on my bike in the future.

Currently i've got a Klein Adroit '97 and i've got either some Race Face Turbines or Kooka Kranks lined up to be installed. So depending on which cranks it'll be i got to sort the correct bb/axl lenght.

Back