The argument section sticky

Status
Not open for further replies.
jonnyboy666":3q5fvts9 said:
The History Man":3q5fvts9 said:
So now that we have mods on this thread, how about an argument parking area as suggested in my original post?
and the answer is no, it would be a thread of links to other stupid topics, the current system is the threads gradually die as they become less interesting, having a permanent link to every bitchfest bun fight would be stupid, annoying and just an utter bore to deal with for us the moderating team.
I'll 2nd that 100%

Re:

Can I ask, where has this expectation of having an 'off topic' section come from, do all or most forums, ie, car and motorbike forums etc, have them does anyone know....??

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":2nkb6xe8 said:
Getting rid of General chat sounds like a great idea Jon!

I'd vote for that!

We are here for the love of old bikes, first and foremost. Although it is hard not to be sucked into other topics at times.

Mike

+100. :D

LikeClockwork":2nkb6xe8 said:
Can I ask, where has this expectation of having an 'off topic' section come from, do all or most forums, ie, car and motorbike forums etc, have them does anyone know....??

Lots of other forums have off topic sections, but a lot of them have rules on no politics, religion or football chat. We have no such rule here, and in my time on the forum it's not been that much of an issue from what I've seen. But lately it seems there are more and more threads on contentious political issues and more and more folk expressing views that just inflame the discussion. Some of these members contribute to the raison d'etre of the site, but there are a few who contribute **** all and just come here to cause trouble. :evil:

btw, it's quite handy to learn how the foes button works. ;)

Re:

This place is nothing compared to a Volvo forum I stumbled across a few years ago, I don't know if it's still going but there were some pretty nasty characters on there :roll:

A simple thing here would be to ban religion and politics and one rule, be nice :D

Re: Re:

jonnyboy666":2xft3fe3 said:
on a side note, i think all the Mods would appreciate not hearing the forums former Beetlejuice characters name mentioned, it tempts fate that he'll return.

Post edited :oops:

Re:

You do realise Off-Topic was here for <cough> Modern bikes to be shoehorned into before John had the audacity to add a 98+ section.

It wasn't here for a bitchfest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back