The anti Klein brigade.

Ibon Zugasti, Orbea Team racer. Year 2020 training with a 1990 Attitude .... 😲
And riding hard ...

View attachment 650691

Cannot understand a word he says (apart from Handmade Aluminium and, probably, Cantilever brakes) but props to the guy. Likely makes a good training tool for bike handling & looks SO much nicer than anything his team could issue for the job.

some would have you believe they broke on re-entry. :LOL:
Yes of course 🤣😂 So bad they raced and won, repeatedly.
I'm no expert, I'm more road based originally. I think I'm more rough stuff than off roader, mental mtb.
But I'd own and ride one happily, Trek ownership or pre Trek.
That said I don't like the paint job on the one in question, Klein have done many paint finishes I love though.

I think one of my fondest memories from Trek Ownership days, was the first batch of Pulse models that came through, you could buy a whole bike from £599, (I am going from memory, a long time ago, and this was rigid, I think £100 more for Rockshox). but it was a Klein for £600.00 I was sold out all the time, and the faces on handover to new owners was just awesome.

I think one of my fondest memories from Trek Ownership days, was the first batch of Pulse models that came through, you could buy a whole bike from £599, (I am going from memory, a long time ago, and this was rigid, I think £100 more for Rockshox). but it was a Klein for £600.00 I was sold out all the time, and the faces on handover to new owners was just awesome.
That was a lot of bike for the money.

That was a lot of bike for the money.
I thought we saw them in 95, but they were tagged for the 96 model year, don't get me wrong when compared to the spec of Far east aluminum counterparts, the spec was low end, but they weren't made in the far east, they were genuinely handbuilt in the USA, and back then that really did mean something, and of course it was a First for the Klein Brand. g.PNG

Back