the abominable snowman and his favourite diner

Looks good. Good luck with your Ultimate rebuild. Good to learn 1991 was the year for the new head decal. Both static pedalling and drifting Yetiman are ...acceptable :cool:

@Pierre/24p
Thanks for your suggestions. The Ourys can be had 'off the shelf' at my local fixie king :)

Elev12k":wjb179z2 said:
Looks good. Good luck with your Ultimate rebuild. Good to learn 1991 was the year for the new head decal. Both static pedalling and drifting Yetiman are ...acceptable :cool:

I'm really liking your orange Ultimate. I've never seen an orange one before. Should look real nice with the parts you've chosen! :cool:

If you want to run a 1 1/4" CK headset, you could always buy an Ahead version and then get the 1 1/4" 2Nut or Grip Nut conversion kit. That's what I did. I have a spare silver kit if you need it. Just let me know.

mfh126":15lfj4na said:
24pouces":15lfj4na said:
Is the head logo (the yeti sliding) original ?
The decal is usually a black drawing on white, with some holes in the bike's yeti, where you find the color of the bike.
This decal is very difficult to find.
I re-draw it for Gil, but he said me it's very difficult to print…
Yeti changed to the sliding logo in '91. Prior to that it was the front-facing Yetiman. Gil can do them, he just did the pre-'91 version for my Ultimate:
DSC07385.jpg

Wow !
but Gil can't print the headbadge logo :roll: ;). He can't print with white ink, so he can't keep the transparence parts of the decal.
I draw it for my yeti and I showed him the file. And his answer was precise :)

24pouces":12zou9mr said:
mfh126":12zou9mr said:
24pouces":12zou9mr said:
Is the head logo (the yeti sliding) original ?
The decal is usually a black drawing on white, with some holes in the bike's yeti, where you find the color of the bike.
This decal is very difficult to find.
I re-draw it for Gil, but he said me it's very difficult to print…
Yeti changed to the sliding logo in '91. Prior to that it was the front-facing Yetiman. Gil can do them, he just did the pre-'91 version for my Ultimate:
DSC07385.jpg

Wow !
but Gil can't print the headbadge logo :roll: ;). He can't print with white ink, so he can't keep the transparence parts of the decal.
I draw it for my yeti and I showed him the file. And his answer was precise :)
Gil printed the headbadge logo in the image above. It has the white ink and the clear areas for the frame paint to show through. I'll take a picture of it on my frame -- it looks amazing! He also has the sliding version of the logo now, too. :)

Elev12k":1rkbyr36 said:
The way the lead to the Ultimate reached me is a story of its own too, but I will not tell it yet. Maybe somewhere in future.

I'm as curious as George!

Very nice frame. You do realize that with an orange frame, you can only eat cheese during riding, and need to wear wooden shoes :LOL:

mfh126":2kb5cmc2 said:
Gil printed the headbadge logo in the image above. It has the white ink and the clear areas for the frame paint to show through. I'll take a picture of it on my frame -- it looks amazing! He also has the sliding version of the logo now, too. :)
Wow !
I'm going to contact him again ! :LOL:

Back