the abominable snowman and his favourite diner

MadCowKev":14vx5q90 said:
Nice. Whats the frame number?

Kev, I can't find one. Checked drop outs, shell - nothing. Probably covered under the coat. Where should it be normally?

Certainly not a factory colour but I like it.

Orange is listed in the catalogue. Maybe it is not the exact RAL, but judging from this pic it doesn't look much off.

24pouces":2vu6m188 said:
Melvin… it's abominable !!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

So, abominable accutrax and abominable A-TAC !
No anodised parts : they are not acceptable on such a frame !

Yeti usually fits 1"1/4 headset. I couldn't find a devolution ChrisKing headset for mine (CK doesn't buit them any more), and the only elegant solution was to find an 1" 1/4 Thread Accu-trax. :D
Yes, you could put shims on the frame but I'm not sure of the aesthetic…
Look at that http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250759039751#ht_500wt_1156 for your frame ;) , but need an abominable orange respray ! ;)

Extra cups are ...acceptable :cool: for me Pierre. The Mongo is polished also and besides ...it is already Orange, so with a Dutch pragmatic attitude I can't go wrong with this one.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Elev12k":3p1x0zay said:
MadCowKev":3p1x0zay said:
Nice. Whats the frame number?

Kev, I can't find one. Checked drop outs, shell - nothing. Probably covered under the coat. Where should it be normally?

Usually under the bottom bracket shell.

And what color for the A-TAC stem ? Orange too ?

Is the head logo (the yeti sliding) original ?
The decal is usually a black drawing on white, with some holes in the bike's yeti, where you find the color of the bike.
This decal is very difficult to find.
I re-draw it for Gil, but he said me it's very difficult to print…

MadCowKev":qqed028j said:
Usually under the bottom bracket shell.

Nothing there. It must be secret prototype from before the MBA one ;) I vaguely recall a four digit number on the dropout of my old Pro FRO, but also there ...nothing.

24pouces":300lbqvy said:
And what color for the A-TAC stem ? Orange too ?

Is the head logo (the yeti sliding) original ?
The decal is usually a black drawing on white, with some holes in the bike's yeti, where you find the color of the bike.
This decal is very difficult to find.
I re-draw it for Gil, but he said me it's very difficult to print…

The ATAC will be a black one. Dito for the AccuTrax.

The drifting Yetiman head decal is black on clear. I do not know whether the drifting Yetiman decal is accurate for this frame, as the 'drifting' decal succeeded the static pedalling Yetiman decal and I do not yet know when the transition exactly happened.

Ultimate & my old Pro FRO >>

5378725525_4a9e7086d8_z.jpg
2638784742_74594e43c7_z.jpg

24pouces":2jxiobq7 said:
I couldn't find a devolution ChrisKing headset for mine (CK doesn't buit them any more), and the only elegant solution was to find an 1" 1/4 Thread Accu-trax. :D

The 1 1/4 to 1 1/8th is still listed as being available on the CK website.

Back