The 1989 Diamond Back Apex that everyone forgot!

Would be a real shame to split up a completely original and perfect condition bike. There are plenty of shimano dx parts around in good condition,can't you just buy those instead and leave this lovely old machine as it is. :(

Yeah. I know. But I'm not that person sorry. Unfortunately the bike means nothing to me (emotionally) and let's face it, it would be wasted sat in my garage doing nothing.

If I could find a buyer willing to do that (i.e. guarantee that they wouldn't split the bike up), then I'd happily let it go for what I paid.

Like I said before, living here in New Zealand limits what is available to me, at least for a good price. I saw this bike as a way to build my dream bike, for a relatively good price.

I'm actually going to contact the bike shop it was bought from 25 years ago, and see if they have any interest in it? Otherwise, it would be back onto the same auction site I bought it from and considering it struggled with interest when I bought it (I left it a full 6 days of a 7 day auction before I hit the buy now) I just don't think that DB Apex owner is out there in the region. I think it would be a different story if the bike was in the USA or Europe.

Mahoney1978":pqgaoffq said:
Yeah. I know. But I'm not that person sorry. Unfortunately the bike means nothing to me (emotionally) and let's face it, it would be wasted sat in my garage doing nothing.

I just don't think that DB Apex owner is out there in the region. I think it would be a different story if the bike was in the USA or Europe.

Good job you don't lived in Europe "Pyro Tim" would track you down for that opening statement above, and offer his own (special) form of "re-educate" you on the merits of the DB range,

and if that failed he'd phone the R.B authorities and offer to take it into care. :LOL:

Retro Spud":2ifejft2 said:
Mahoney1978":2ifejft2 said:

I just don't think that DB Apex owner is out there in the region. I think it would be a different story if the bike was in the USA or Europe.

Good job you don't lived in Europe "Pyro Tim" would track you down for that opening statement above, and offer his own (special) form of "re-educate" you on the merits of the DB range,

and if that failed he'd phone the R.B authorities and offer to take it into care. :LOL:

Haha!

Dear Pyro Tim, come visit New Zealand. Let's do some riding and talk about this. Bring yourself home a true DB master piece. I'm from Somerset originally so surely we're like family ;) cheers

Mahoney1978":2pofynr9 said:
Retro Spud":2pofynr9 said:
Mahoney1978":2pofynr9 said:

Haha!

Dear Pyro Tim, come visit New Zealand. Let's do some riding and talk about this. Bring yourself home a true DB master piece. I'm from Somerset originally so surely we're like family ;) cheers

Just don't talk to him about riding 2 abreast on the road, or dogs, and you'll get along fine :LOL:
I agree that it's a shame to split such an orginal bike, but if nobody else near you can offer it a better home then what else are you supposed to do?

Re:

I have a 94 DB accent sat in the loft, I just can not bring myself to break it, and it is worth nothing to sell complete, so I thought why not stick it in the loft for a long rest.

Lovely bike fella, how much are we talking to ship a bike to the UK ?

Not a hundred precent sure on shipping costs but there are options. One of which would be to find a 'friend' coming to NZ and see what the airline charges to carry the bike? Air New Zealand for instance charge something like £12.50 as part of your checked baggage!! Cheap as chips!!

Know anyone coming to NZ for a holiday?? Or anyone who lives here and is relocating to the UK? Steal a corner of there container to put the bike in??

That is beautiful! :p

I think my little Apex would have been in similar condition before splitting - the frame and forks are pristine and the wheels barely have any marks to the rim anodising. Like you I probably paid more than I should have and the ebay shop from which I bought it still has most of the other parts listed for a premium.

Unfortunately the bike means nothing to me (emotionally) and let's face it, it would be wasted sat in my garage doing nothing.

. . . and that is exactly the reason I am seriously considering selling too :? . I'd dearly love to buy all the other original parts and build it back up fully geared but the cost would be waaaay more than the complete bike would be worth. I just can't bring myself to ruin those lovely rims with Welsh mud but can't justify such an expensive wall ornament :cry:

mamadirt":1eyb989r said:
That is beautiful! :p

I think my little Apex would have been in similar condition before splitting - the frame and forks are pristine and the wheels barely have any marks to the rim anodising. Like you I probably paid more than I should have and the ebay shop from which I bought it still has most of the other parts listed for a premium.

Unfortunately the bike means nothing to me (emotionally) and let's face it, it would be wasted sat in my garage doing nothing.

. . . and that is exactly the reason I am seriously considering selling too :? . I'd dearly love to buy all the other original parts and build it back up fully geared but the cost would be waaaay more than the complete bike would be worth. I just can't bring myself to ruin those lovely rims with Welsh mud but can't justify such an expensive wall ornament :cry:

Thanks mate. Been keeping an eye on your build and think you've done a really good job. A shame you're shifting it, but needs must.

I have no intention on splitting to sell (like the buyer you got your frame from) but split to build another frame which would get used. My conscience tells me this is ok.....

But, this breaks the bike up which I totally get.

I have no intention on splitting to sell (like the buyer you got your frame from) but split to build another frame which would get used. My conscience tells me this is ok.....

Definitely! All bikes should be ragged . . . then polished to within an inch of their life :p Looking forward to pics of the Dyna Tech when it's done.

Back