THANK YOU ROYAL MAIL - NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I received a frame today that was damaged (not told the seller yet as only just opened the box). The head tube has taken a hit and is no longer round where the top cup would fit in. Luckily it's a steel frame and a touch of cold setting and it's back round again. Still, to damage something made of steel, packaged and in a box is sterling work and demonstrates the lack of care afforded to the things we post.

ishaw":1r0ubjxo said:
to damage something made of steel, packaged and in a box is sterling work and demonstrates the lack of care afforded to the things we post.

I worked one Christmas in the big sorting office. I was sorting parcels;-)
There was a large box section steel frame which you hung the mail sacks on, this was laid out in a grid. Each bag had a postcode painted on the steel frame. The sorters stood around the frame and hurled the parcels in to the postcode/bag, you threw the parcel at the box section and the parcel would fall into the bag. You constantly heard stuff breaking! We didn't sort the large stuff, so I don't know how that sort of stuff is sorted, but they probably find a reason to chuck it about a bit.

If the buyer took photos of an unopened but damaged box you may be ok. But if it the box wasn't damaged I'm afraid they will probably try to reject the claim.

Good luck

integerspin":1dj2lp6d said:
I worked one Christmas in the big sorting office. I was sorting parcels;-)
There was a large box section steel frame which you hung the mail sacks on, this was laid out in a grid. Each bag had a postcode painted on the steel frame. The sorters stood around the frame and hurled the parcels in to the postcode/bag, you threw the parcel at the box section and the parcel would fall into the bag. You constantly heard stuff breaking! We didn't sort the large stuff, so I don't know how that sort of stuff is sorted, but they probably find a reason to chuck it about a bit.

Yes I did the same and saw big parcels being thrown onto a lorry.

Re:

EXCLUSIVE!!! RARE FOOTAGE. (Don't ask how I got this but let's say I have contacts :) )

Here is your box delivered.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1mhz1-biEY[/youtube]

Back