Terry Dolan - Dedacciai EOM 16.5

AndreasVH

Retro Newbie

Shot by http://www.netandpaper.se (note: these are not hi-res).

Posted this bike in the "Bike chat" part of the forum asking for information about the frame, but now that I have decent pics I thought I might as well post them here instead.
I also got a reply from Dolan Bikes:

Hi Andreas,
This frame is around 8-9 years old I believe, we had this particular frame manufactured in Italy and then painted at our paint shop here in the UK.
The EOM 16.5mm was the best tubing that Dedacciai manufactured used by Bianchi Pinarello etc for their Pro Teams before the moved on to the lighter Aluminium tubeset's such as SC61 Scandium and now Carbon frames.
I hope this shed's some light on your bike it still looks great by the way a very unique frame.
Best Regards

Built up with an Ultegra 6600 groupset, Mavic Ksyrium Elite wheels, some Ritchey parts and a Brooks C15 Cambium.
The tires in the pictures are only temporary since I found out that nothing wider than 23 mm could fit. I now have a skinnier clamp for the front mech and I´m hoping to fit slightly wider tires later on.

The weight is 8,9 kg (pretty good for a steel frame!) and it feels very light and quick although I have only been back and forth to work yet. Winter is approaching, so chances are that it will stay this clean until spring... :D

Cheers,
// Andreas - Stockholm, Sweden

Re:

Great build and a very nice frame! Excellent photos as well.

I had my eye on that one but decided to keep my columbus el os bike. Now I've changed my mind and have just bought an eom 16.5 instead but with steel stays.

Back