Karma Terry Dolan beater bike project, other odds and ends (TAKEN)

sjcprojects

Orange 🍊 Fan
NOW TAKEN

If anyone is interested in building up a cheap winter/pub/commuter/beater bike, this could be for you. This is a Terry Dolan alu (made in Taiwan job) winter bike frame and fork in fashionable 'stealth' mode (aka cheapo matt black spray paint job). Decidedly rough around the edges, obviously, but would make a decent run-around, and good for adding mudguards, rack, etc if wanted.

Size is large – I'm nearly 6ft, and it would suit anywhere around that, I'd say.

**NOTE the spd pedals are stuck in the cranks - I don't have a long enough spanner/brute strength to remove them. I probably have some of those plastic platform pedal inserts somewhere, if that helps. Also, I would imagine the BB is not removable at this point, but it's totally smooth, so not really an issue**

Attachments

• IMG_2665.jpg
    IMG_2665.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2666.JPG
    IMG_2666.JPG
    403.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Hi mate i'm in sheffield and could collect, but would rather it went to someone who needs it more than i do.
If however you get to the point where you're going to skip it, i'd rather collect it than see it skipped.

If it's heading for the skip, bike recycle would probably take it off your hands, they are up of thirlwell road (or they were anyway).
obviously this is post pigman not taking it though and just a suggestion.

I won't be chucking it in a skip, I just don't want it taking up space in my cellar any more (and FB/Freegle has so many time wasters...). I did think of the bike place you mentioned @novocaine – they might possibly be interested in getting the chainset and cassette, but not the frame, so I'm hopeful someone might want to take the frame and bits as it is. @pigman I'll let you know if you end up being my last resort, so to speak!

I don't know if Ash is still there, but he had a thing for random tatt (It's how I knew him, I have the same issue), so give em a try if nothing else. :)

Yeah, it's a good place to know (they are called 'A Different Gear' these days). I've used them a few times, and I particularly like the fact they have lots of used spares in stock they can use, rather than an expensive new part. I wish there were more bike co-op type places like that around (they are a not-for -profit, rather than a co-op, mind you, but same sort of thing).

I don't remember any names, I have to say (despite having actually done a few rides with someone who used to work there, I've got an awful memory for that sort of thing).

Seem to remember karlos but it could be a false memory. Only met him once or twice. Ash used to do guided rides in the peaks. Complete nutter. Rode an inbred single speed and to hell with the hills. Buildlt a fixed gear gravel bike before gravel was a thing.

This is hopefully taken (I did resort to Freegle in the end, someone who seems to be genuinely interested in doing a build got in touch). So thanks for the interest @pigman but luckily I'm not going to have to lump you with it!

The guy who I know who used to work at A Different Gear (aka recycle bikes, but they renamed themselves because they now sell new bikes as well) didn't ride a single speed in The Peaks, but I do recall him wearing sandals, so they're obviously an alternative sort of bunch over there...

Latest posts

Back