Terrible canti cable run - tiny clickwork

Re:

It was my intention to run v brakes but the fork brake mounts appear to be a little on the short side so the brakes have too much fore/aft movement and also catch on the brace. I was a bit surprised as I'm sure I've run the same forks with v brakes in the past. Might revisit that layer.

Thanks for the other suggestions. I might have one of the v shaped mounts in a box, if not I may take you up on your offer of the metal thing.

Found the thing that rockimtn suggested. It would work in theory, but in practice it's too long and there's not enough room for the straddle wire to move.

I flipped the bracket I have fitted over, and again the same issue, no room for cable pull. Looks like I may need another solution or v brakes.

looking at your original photo again, it does look like there's very little clearance between the tyre and the seat tube. :?

i'd go v-brake in your situation.

Some good options/solutions here in my opinion. Whilst a V brake would eliminate the need for a hanger, if you don't want them (or for anyone else wishing to retain cantis and getting a better hanger) then options are obviously limited.

Not sure if anything like the seattube clamp hanger below exists for the diameter of your frame, but these work well and would also provide a solution and another option. Pictured are 34.9mm diameter, but maybe similar options exist in other sizes.

i think the hurdle here is that there isn't enough clearance to allow for the proper cable pull. hence why the original hanger is so high up on the seat tube. even if a suitable cable stop for the seat tube was found, bringing it down low against the frame would reduce the available cable travel for the straddle yoke.

Back