Tell me about Rock Lobster frames....

Re:

James, good to see you've been on the Jim Beam and 80's disco themed trip that I've been on tonight..... ;)

:LOL:

JB, any info gratefully received, cheers buddy.

Re:

Send me message tomorrow with frame your looking at and info your after, then will contact Paul

Re:

Cheers JB, not sure of frame number or anything though, don't want to alert seller to the fact I think it might be a nice frame!! :facepalm:

Will message and send link in morn, when I've had some kip. Happy new year!! ;)

Re: Re:

LikeClockwork":3sedb0fj said:
Brilliant info, thanks! Will read more thoroughly when I can focus a bit better, too tired and pie eyed right now :facepalm: :LOL:

What year was yours Adrian, do you think....? I see the one I have on watch has the canti hanger, etc, so presuming 95ish, will it be 1" head tube at that sort of era?

Can't remember and too late to look through my thread but... it is a 1" head tube for certain if same as mine. Think it will be around 1994.

And 99.9% certain it would not be a sadoff frame. it will be a circa 4lb tig welded lovely frame that is massively underappreciated by the masses and should go for around fifty quid. In which case you should get it.

Re:

tony gti-r":2lcbrm5m said:
This might help identify them:

Numbers for steel frames:

Numbers starting with any number from 1-9 indicate road frame.

Numbers starting with 0 indicate fillet mountain frame.

Numbers starting with 00 indicate TIG mountain frame.

Number starting with N indicate Nontragers

Numbers starting with 1-9 (indicates the year of manufacture) followed by 00 and any number indicate cross frame. Example: 9006 would be the sixth cross frame built in 1999.

Current cross frames start with 24 to indicate 2004. ( 2406 for example)

Numbers for aluminum frames:

HCR followed by a number indicates an Easton road frame.

AC followed by any number indicates Easton cross or mountain frame.

SC followed by a number indicates scandium frame.

ADG followed by any number indicates frames designed by Mike Ahrens.

FA followed by any number indicates track frames made for Farid Abrahams riders of the San Jose Velodrome.

Altho this is taken from MOMBAT and might be the numbers of frames Paul made himself

Yours has the seat clamp lugs in the same place as my frame but every RockLobster frame I look at for every different year has either on the front/back/separate clamp.

Tony....

From my thread linked before. It's going to be a nice frame. I'd go for it if 1" doesn't put you off. It will go cheap but likewise when and if you want to sell it the value won't change.

Happy new year all

A

Apologies Kaz for the lyrical post last night :roll:
I just seen the thread title and couldn't help myself :xmas-big-grin:
Happy New Year and best of luck with the frame.
If you do get it, I have an older 1 inch A Headset sitting in a bag in the toolbox. Its used off of my 94 Stumpy but in good condition. Your welcome to it if you need it.

Jamie

Re:

Thanks massively chaps, Adrian that's a lot of reading and really REALLY helpful, I've just messaged the seller for confirmation of headset/fork size, and hopefully a frame number, so later I may be able to confirm more details.

Thanks Jamie :LOL: Will let you know if I need to take you up on your kind offer.

But first, I need to go for a walk before the next storm comes in and try and walk off this Jim Beam inspired headache.... :facepalm:

Happy New Year!!!

Re:

Is it the £99 bright green frame? If so just be cautious of all the holes that have been drilled in that frame (two in the wishbone, one in the non-drive seatstay drop). It also looks to have been resprayed so I would check to make sure it is a licensed RLand not some £100 frame with RL decals applied afterwards.

Back