Tell me about GoPro's

Re:

its something that once you figure out how to use you'll find really useful and be glad that you spent the extra money. imagine you took the camera on holiday for example, you would have to wait until you get home maybe two weeks later to play back your footage or view the photos you took. would be very similar to the old days when you'd have to wait until you get back off holiday and take your camera to the kiosk to get the film developed before you can look through your snaps ;)

Re: Re:

SEANSTEPHENS":2f5mw8dz said:
its something that once you figure out how to use you'll find really useful and be glad that you spent the extra money. imagine you took the camera on holiday for example, you would have to wait until you get home maybe two weeks later to play back your footage or view the photos you took. would be very similar to the old days when you'd have to wait until you get back off holiday and take your camera to the kiosk to get the film developed before you can look through your snaps ;)

A good point. :cool: Theres certainly more to it than a simple buy and go so thanks for all the info and any more you all care to add is helpful to more than myself :cool:

I like mine - mine are retro now ... :LOL:

I use them quite a lot - far more I would a 'normal' camera due to its small size and robustness :D

Endless mini projects are possible with making your own mounts etc :D

WD :D

WD Pro":3b9ca6ez said:
I like mine - mine are retro now ... :LOL:

I use them quite a lot - far more I would a 'normal' camera due to its small size and robustness :D

Endless mini projects are possible with making your own mounts etc :D

Yeah I like the idea of using it for other projects :? in my case woodworking projects or how to vids on servicing hopes.

On the subject of mounts. how do you find the positioning to show the objective ? is it a lot of faffing about or is the angle such it gives a good scope without going tunnel vision :?
Had a thought there. Could you fit an external small screen to check on that were the camera is pointing in relation to ,your body position ?. You know, small like a phone and a lead going between the two.

Too many vids of front wheels out there :LOL: puke inducing :LOL:

I have always found it quite easy to centre the shot - probably due to the very wide angle / fish eye style view.

The only time I really didn't get it quite right was on that zip wire in Wales - it was OK, but not perfect.

I had the camera mounted on a floor mounted plate once and it was in and out of my bag a lot - I made a simple cardboard template cut at the angle between the camera and the plate so I could check the camera hadn't moved on its mounting whilst it was in my bag.

You can use the LCD backpack to set it up, or the phone app if you like :cool:

Re:

If you buy one with built in bluetooth, you can use the gopro app to get a live view on your phone of exactly what the camera is seeing. You can also use it as a remote control for the unit and even stream videos back to your phone from the camera. Bloody brilliant!

So you could control one with an iphone or ipad?

Which models have this facility?

Back