Tsundere

Fat Chance Fan
Feedback
View
Who knew?
P1010407.JPG
P1010404.JPG ]#
P1010409.JPG P1010411.JPG

Last Roberts I bought came with a pair of these fitted, thought they might be Paul's until I found the faint 'Tektro' engraving. Never come across these before, does anyone know anything about them?

They feel very well made, seem to be CNC aluminium and have a great action. Even the adjuster bolts feel high quality

Last edited:
Very nice, and similar in design to Real.

Barrel adjusters look like a bit of an afterthought though.

Very nice, and similar in design to Real.

Barrel adjusters look like a bit of an afterthought though.
May well have been, they're nicely threaded though, and tactile. I guess this was something of a failed experiment for Tektro, an attempt to muscle in on the boutique aftermarket sector, before they realized their name wouldn't allow them membership of that club and they turned their attention to cheap and cheerful mass production, which was the smart move.

From what I recall they had a line of higher quality parts that were still much cheaper than the boutique CNC brands. A tough sell, which is why they now have the separate TRP brand for higher end parts.

From what I recall they had a line of higher quality parts that were still much cheaper than the boutique CNC brands. A tough sell, which is why they now have the separate TRP brand for higher end parts.
I guess part of the appeal of boutique parts is the price tag, obviously there's more to it than that, quality of workmanship and improved functionality sells itself, but there's an element of 'conspicuous consumption' attached to any expensive items.

For anyone who's interested the levers weigh in at 68g each.

I have the V version of those on the missus’ bike. Found them new on the bay few years ago. They are rather nicely made as you say, and work really well. Came with Kool Stop pads too!
Cool bike : ) What is it?

You should start a 'Readers Wives' bike thread lol.

Last edited:
Back