Tanwall tyres, recommendations please

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Clément Strada LGG?

I haven't tried them yet, but really liked the way these looked the first time I saw them in person.

Clément Strada LGG
60tpi
Folding bead only
70a single compound tread
Tan sidewalls in 700x25 and 700x28

Cheers,
The Kid

Attachments

• LGG_25_tan_side-1024x682.jpg
    LGG_25_tan_side-1024x682.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 527
Re:

Those Panaracer's have been around for donkey's years and are quite well thought of. Think their puncture resistance is average. Was just chatting with a mate about tires and he's using those exclusively for commuting now.

Re:

As it goes, Panaracer make my favourite mtb tyres. Those Paselas look a bit Michelin World Tour/commuting to look at.
I'd prefer something with a bit more va va voom!
The Michelin Dynamic Classics I got on a pair of wheels I bought, are more commuting orientated I feel. Not very lively.

Mike

Ian Raleigh":3r5aug4y said:
What a shame those Clement tyres don't come in 23mm or do they ?

Wider tyres are all the rage for Paris - Roubaix, Ian. Or the roads of the U.K. ! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

I'm moving the entire fleet over to 25s, once my stock of 23s is exhausted.

Three bikes done, 4 or 5 pairs of 23s still to wear out.

Might finish the job sometime in the next 5 years!

Fitting wider 25mm - 28mm tyres onto narrow rims is a bad idea ?

Wider rims should be fitted as it's been know for wide tyres to blow off the rim at high pressures!

What about frames which have close clearances and the gap at the bottom bracket can be very tight

Have any of you guys thought about this ?

Back