Tange Prestige Switchblades versus Kona Track Two forks

Which is the least expensive option do you think?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kafer-k

Devout Dirtbag
Of the two, assuming the same condition and available, which would/should be the least expensive option (both 1" with the same length steerer)?

Tange should be much, much cheaper than a track two (if you can even find a track two). If you're looking for a budget segmented rigid fork, I'd suggest looking for the Yakota fork with the hearts, they'd be the least expensive. Followed by Tange, then Syncros, then Bontrager, Brodie, Track two. I'm not sure where Pace would lay, we didn't really get them over here, and obviously condition and size and variations would play a HUGE factor regarding price.

Tange should be much, much cheaper than a track two (if you can even find a track two). If you're looking for a budget segmented rigid fork, I'd suggest looking for the Yakota fork with the hearts, they'd be the least expensive. Followed by Tange, then Syncros, then Bontrager, Brodie, Track two. I'm not sure where Pace would lay, we didn't really get them over here, and obviously condition and size and variations would play a HUGE factor regarding price.
Thanks, food for thought, I'm UK based so guess the market here may be different. AvailabilIty wise we certainly had Pace available over Brodie.

Its a tough one, Track Twos are rare, more so in good condition, so prices can be all over and also maybe not as desirable as Switchblades which could even the values out.

Its a tough one, Track Twos are rare, more so in good condition, so prices can be all over and also maybe not as desirable as Switchblades which could even the values out.
I've actually got Switchblades but look wrong on what will be a Kona build. I guess switchblades are more versatile for other makes. I always thought because of the skinny tapered look they'd look amazing with cooks cranks. Project 2s are my other option of course but Track 2s would be my ideal. Weighing up selling the Switchblades and whether that'd give me Track 2 money (should some ever come up)

I've actually got Switchblades but look wrong on what will be a Kona build. I guess switchblades are more versatile for other makes. I always thought because of the skinny tapered look they'd look amazing with cooks cranks. Project 2s are my other option of course but Track 2s would be my ideal. Weighing up selling the Switchblades and whether that'd give me Track 2 money (should some ever come up)

Probably be waiting a long time for a good set to come up. Also they are not the most comfy riding fork out there.

Probably be waiting a long time for a good set to come up. Also they are not the most comfy riding fork out there.
True, I'm in no rush though and happy to refurb, will also be in Canada/US later this year which may open up more opportunity. I'm guessing the ride will be similar to RC30s which I had for a while BITD. To be honest I think I'd be happy with a more modest 1" P2 the more I think about it.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back