Tan sidewall 26" slick/fast rolling tires

Simono

Retro Newbie
Hi!
Does anyone have recommendations? I am struggling to find 2" tires for 26" rims - they are for a Beast of The East I am making into a commuter bike. Also, does does anyone use the Conti Speed Contact tires? I have a 10 mile commute each way, and it's hard work on my Kendra puncture proof tires.

BTW, love the Eddy The Eagle picture from the Admin. I grew up skiing with him at Gloucester, and then in the Alps. He actually wanted to become a Hollywood stuntman, with skiing as one of his skills.
Keeping that 1980's grass skiing alive!

IMG_1732(1).JPG

agree, the Billy Bonkers do a good job on a commuter bike, just the decals are bulky.
You may look for a Panaracer Gravelking, the 26x2.1 size option is very sparely available, especially in Corona-times, but i just got a pair recently from a big bike mail order shop, just it's not light tan, but rather a bit more brown skinwall.

Schwalbe City Jet 1.95" for all commuter uses, it's a slick so no nobbles and slow down and hum like billy bonkers etc.

Another vote for the Schwalbe City Jets, good fir the commute.
Also look for Panaracer Gravelking/Gravelking SK in 26" size.

Can't go wrong with City Jets.

That being said, they had a redesign a year or two ago, going from the classic Tioga City Slicker looks to a more modern styling. Currently they are not even listed on Schwalbe's site anymore, so I suspect they stopped producing them. Grab 'em while supplies last.

Looks like Tioga still makes the City Slicker too (or makes it again, I seem to recall looking for them in the '00s and not finding anything), but I haven't seen any amberwall/tanwall options for that one.

IRC Mythos XC I’d suggest - reading your post again I’d think not as they won’t last

If you’re willing to take out a mortgage to pay for them, then Rene Herse (previously Compass) are very good. I’ve Natches Pass at 1.8 wide which I’ve used with good effect on road, gravel, light off-road etc.

Might need to hunt for stock…

Back