Talk to me about Saab Turbo estates.

Re: Re:

al":wkyfkaw5 said:
new 9-5 2.2 TiD Sportwagon last Saturday... took it for a test drive and it was smoking like Ivor the engine,
SAAB engineer":wkyfkaw5 said:
They all do that sir

Unfortunately, a lot of them do. The 2.2TID was a piece of junk.

My local Saab dealer (when I ran a 9000) kept a 2.2 TID top end rebuild kit on the shelf all the time, it got needed that often. :shock:

Re:

I drive a 9-5 Vector estate (petrol, automatic*), have done for many years, very good car.

Not as good a bike hauler as my 1986 Volvo 740 estate though!

Jon.

P.S have two classic Mercedes which are my pride and joy (300CE & 500E).

I've always had estates, need them for work.

After the Saab I had a Volvo V70 D5, great car,loads of room, unfortunately the Geartronic box played up, now I drive a 2.5 Subaru Legacy AWD, my favourite so far up to now (fingers crossed).

I believe Mercedes were to blame for that gear box. I am also led to believe that its the speed sensor. Liquid spills also kill the electronics.

Ritz":3r880tf5 said:
I've always had estates, need them for work.

After the Saab I had a Volvo V70 D5, great car,loads of room, unfortunately the Geartronic box played up, now I drive a 2.5 Subaru Legacy AWD, my favourite so far up to now (fingers crossed).

Not sure what I'd replace the Saab with, considering both V70 and the 5 series Touring, don't want an SUV though!

Jon.

legrandefromage":1uq144i4 said:
I believe Mercedes were to blame for that gear box. I am also led to believe that its the speed sensor. Liquid spills also kill the electronics.

I think the Volvo Geartronic was a GM box in mine,an 05 model.

Back