Taking bikes to center parcs and theft

I always use a couple of extra nylon luggage straps to stop wheels spinning and keep them all still to prevent scratches. I know how you feel. I wasn't convinced the first time hence the straps, but been using it for years now without incident. The ratchet rubber straps don't move once tight. Could you use one through a wheel?

Re:

I'll have another go, but I think the biggest issue will be trying to get the larger bike further in, as it was hard enough on the outer mount. No chance of getting the smallest past the first mount.

One arm through the frame, the other next to the wheel so you can use the rubber strap?

You can't fit both arms through the small frames if you have both very small and very large bikes on the rack at the same time...... you need to get inventive. Luggage straps are worth their weight in gold.......

One arm through the frame, the other arm through the wheel, or just strap the wheel to it!

It is. I put three xl 29ers on. The weight of a little bike and a big one is nothing in comparison. Barely an impalement on the debris.

But seriously, it will be fine. Like I said earlier. I was with you all the way the first time i used it. Wouldn't use anything else now.

Re:

It all worked out fine. All bikes that left arrived back safe and sound. Both the saris and Thule mounts performed well. I probably had the saris at a higher angle than needed to clear the number plate, and I could have had it mounted higher rather than sitting on the bumper, but hey, all good and no bikes were harmed.

No excuses for not taking bikes anywhere now.

Must remember to move the roof bars to the rear to act as a spoiler when I next go drifting :)

Attachments

• 2018-04-06 20.58.32.jpg
    2018-04-06 20.58.32.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 487
And remember not to use car parks with height barriers :shock: :)

Back