Take a Look - all done and tested - semi decent pics

tintin40":1ytw5fml said:
Agree 100% How about Mavic ?

I know Mavic would seem to make sense, French Connection and all that

Someone even stuff stuck a Mavic decal on the NDS chainstay at somepoint

But that's gone now. Definitely rolling on Campy!

And if it's Shimano cogs, then it's Shimano shifting, if it's STI then it's Shimano levers...

I know, I'm going to Hell

But at least I'll be able to change gear smoothly on the way, although I gather it's mainly downhill...

This is what I expected, a bit of Coolwall style stuff :cool:

Thanks for the positive comments thus far chaps!

In between trying to sell stuff and actually ending up buying more! I have made some small progress

I've done numerous touch ups on the frame... Mounted my levers:

dscf2885.jpg

And confused myself with tyres I though all black tyres looked pretty good, but then I stuck this wheelset on while I worked on cleaning/truing the XT/Campy ones and these tyres look damn good on there

dscf2884.jpg

I decided not to use the Alivio brakes! Tried some black LX brakes and matching blocks, but they are not quite classy enough and a little modern/spindly looking.

I've decided to use black XT brakes, same vintage as the levers

I logo'ed up my cranks as well, logos are twice the size of the originals, I've also fitted them the other way up to how they are actually factory printed, seemed to make more sense to me that the logo be readable in an arm up position...

dscf2899.jpg

Cranks are covered in finger prints and decals not smoothed out in the pic

I was chuffed enough I got them on straight!

Love the winged QR Campy 'shield' logo, they don't make enough use of it on the modern kit, which is a shame

All done!

Look with 'Shampagnolo' (aren't I ironic) Groupset is all done

XT hubs/cassette/shifters
LX cantis and pads (matched the skeletal hangers that I found)
Campy Centaur chainset/front mech
Campy Euclid rear mech
Campy Mirox rims

Been ridden two days now, shifts awesomely even when hammering, handling is very nimble a lot steadier than my Saracen, top tube is 1/2 an inch longer, makes helluva difference

I love it

Some Pixes:

dscf2945.jpg

dscf2949.jpg

dscf2949.jpg

Change of location - Almost got run over by this lot:

dscf2941.jpg

Here's the best of 'em:

dscf2951.jpg

A couple random people actually said 'nice bike' and they weren't astride Retros themselves :D

that is really very nice hydo......those campy cranks are gorgeous!......they suit the bike to a tee too!!!.....

Top work fellah :cool: nice euro chic! The only thing I'd change is the tyres but thats all!

Cool

Cheers guys

Got some Ritchey Megabites in the retro stash, gotta be worth sticking them on to see how they look

But those Crossroads are actually very good, I used on my Zaskar commuting through the winter, so I will actually use the bike on them

nice job fella, looks lovely ..didn't realise you weren't gonna be using a Campag cassette -that's several issues sorted at once then. :)

Back