SYSTERS Merlin Mountain 1990-91 built Suggestions

Merlin

Many Titanium frames had longish pre production test models, several years prior to actual retail launches and often the test models were also then sold, as they were always very expensive to build
AKA I have an early Airborne Lucky strike that is nothing like any of the production units in many ways and each tube has coded numbers and lettering etched into it, I'm told a run were made in the US for the Chinese to copy, for actual production sales, mine was one of them.
This seems to happen even with steel frames where anomolies occur, whatever it is one cool steed, just enjoy it! :LOL: :cool:

last version

FINAL VERSION ( maybe)
I'm not sure about FRO brakes or Campy Record OR or Shimano xt black

suggestions appreciated on brakes, please don't ask me to change the headset since I want maintain it threadless
Roberto

Attachments

• P1020522.JPG
    P1020522.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,312
  • P1020524.JPG
    P1020524.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,312
Re: last version

danaroby00":1typ6rpu said:
FINAL VERSION ( maybe)
I'm not sure about FRO brakes or Campy Record OR or Shimano xt black

suggestions appreciated on brakes, please don't ask me to change the headset since I want maintain it threadless
Roberto

Try putting a 2.25 Schwalbe Racing Ralph on the back & a 2.25 or 2.4 on the front. Run them at 35lbs psi or less. Rolls fast, light & makes a huge difference on rougher trails.

That's what I did on my retro rigid 2004 Lightspeed Ocoee & it makes all the difference in the world.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ight=ocoee

Rigid Ti bikes with light weight, big fat tires are the way to go.

Cheers,

WW

great bike, I NEED one of these. Only looking at them and not riding them is just bad for my health... :LOL:
what frame size is yours?

Re: frame size

danaroby00":3sqywzl8 said:
hi frame is 56cm orizonthel tube, I would say middle size, great for me 1,7m height

that's what I thougt, my size.

I don''t want to be jealous, but to be onest I am...

FAMILY GROWING

FAMILY GROWING

SYNCROS REV PICS BEFORE IT GOES TO CANADA

Attachments

• P1020668.JPG
    P1020668.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 955
  • P1020673.JPG
    P1020673.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 952
Back