SW Retro Ride - Sunday 17th July - Haldon or Woodbury?

Woodbury or Haldon?

• Woodbury Common

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Haldon Forest

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
tiboltrider":2clcv1oo said:
Search youtube for Woodbury Common. It's a bit of everything. Dirt tracks, woods, couple of water splashes. Quite open in places and quieter then Haldon.

Ideal, just need some 1/2 decent weather and should make a perfect ride :cool:

widowmaker":3n9bmjrg said:
tiboltrider":3n9bmjrg said:
Search youtube for Woodbury Common. It's a bit of everything. Dirt tracks, woods, couple of water splashes. Quite open in places and quieter then Haldon.

Ideal, just need some 1/2 decent weather and should make a perfect ride :cool:

1/2 decent weather AND Jimbo navigating! :D

Re:

Ok then, as long as everyone likes sweet, flowing, single track & doesn't mind a wee bit of climbing, although there's nothing too sustained or mega-steep. You could call it blue grade & def rigid fork-friendly.
Suggest we meet at Four Firs car park on the B3179 out of Woodbury village from 10 for 10.30 start. About a 2 hour ride but can add on extra loops if required.
Looking fwd to it!
Will bring a 1997 Kona Hahanna frame & P2 forks, a 1989 Dawes 531 frame, forks & bits + other old stuff all going cheap.

Re:

FYI - the last round of the SWXC series is also on on the Sunday on Woodbury, Wheathill plantation/East Budleigh Common so we can other avoid that area if necessary or go and give some support!

Re: Re:

amedias":2zrhu3fw said:
FYI - the last round of the SWXC series is also on on the Sunday on Woodbury, Wheathill plantation/East Budleigh Common so we can other avoid that area if necessary or go and give some support!

Ah, thanks Amedias. Jimbo - does that fit in with your plans? I wouldn't mind watching a bit of it (any excuse for a break!) :D

Re:

Here's the directions for anyone that hasn't been before >>>

1. Nearest postcode is for the Londis / Post Office shop EX5 1NY - good place to stop and buy flapjacks etc! It's on the B3179.

2. (there also appears to be a new bike shop just round the corner from there called iBike Motion!)

3. From the B3179 head up through the village towards the B3180.

4. Where the B3179 meets the B3180 there is a crossroads. The Four Firs carpark is there - just the other side of the junction.

5. Don't go to the Castle carpark - those of you that have done that before!!! :LOL:

6. 1000am for 1030am kick off :D

I can't make it, so next time and I've almost got a weirdly suitable ready to ride...
Have a brill ride....

Re:

We can look in at the race, no probs. Very dry up there now, shouldn't be any bike cleaning required.

Re:

Going to do a tip run before as have the car loaded up.. I'll be there but probably not for ten. Will be ready by half past don't worry.

Be good if someone knew numbers so we aren't waiting around for people who might not turn up?

Hope the weather is as good as it was today.

See you in the morning people

Back