Superb (x2) 531 frames for sale - bargain prices & pics too!

roadking

Senior Retro Guru
Guys, two superb quality frames now surplus to requirements. Frame #1 -

a 23.5"(59cms, ctt seat tube) Raleigh Road Ace frame owned from new (frame number WK700?565), pearl yellow paint by Chas Roberts, chrome on forks poor, no dents or rust, lovely long point prugnat lugs with heart shaped cutouts, Campagnolo dropouts, superb shorelines. Frame has rare original foil style SBDU decals on chainstays. 125mm rear end.

This frame is being sold as bare, the Campagnolo C Record/Chorus headset and BB are not included.

Frame #2 -

a 22"(54.4cms, ctt seat tube) Fred James of Alford Lincolnshire, FJ bought frames in and this is either a Rick Powell or a Barry Barron (not sure). Either way this is a lovely frame, same lugs and superb shorelines as the Raleigh but with fastback rear stays. Paint on top tube is poor but no dents and only superficial rust around the cable eyes. Campagnolo dropouts and a 120mm rear end.

Both frames 531 throughout, 27.2 seatpost. Road Ace frames sell regularly for much more than I'm asking - both need to go.

Prices - Road Ace £95, the FJ £75, bargains at these prices. Sorry but my files are too big to load here, pm me your email and I'll send immediately - see it, you'll want it.

Thanks for reading, Jon.

P.S edited due to a mis-spelling

Re: Superb (x2) 531 frames for sale - bargain price too!

The Road Ace is classy Raleigh frame with oversized seat stay caps if memory serves. Didn't they make them in 531 Competition ?

Tempted and such a bargain prices:)

Shaun

Re: Superb (x2) 531 frames for sale - bargain price too!

Midlife":1hvpwvpm said:
The Road Ace is classy Raleigh frame with oversized seat stay caps if memory serves. Didn't they make them in 531 Competition ?

Tempted and such a bargain prices:)

Shaun

It is a classy frame (1987) and a bargain, and it is 531c - correct about the seat stay caps too. In my opinion there's really little to choose between this RRA (Lightweight Unit) and an SBDU frame (you know I have one of those).

Jon.

Back