Superb '95 Cannondale M400 with lots of US CNC bits - as new

Re: Superb '95 Cannondale M400 with lots of US CNC bits - as

interested in:-
avids
king h/set

cheers

This is the second time this bike came up for sale, first being mid last year I think, then nothing, is it actually for sale?, will it get split? Perhaps owner just can't part with it :D

Hi,

I'm a bit surprised at the most recent post, given that the author was contacted by me recently to say the bike was being split, as he'd expressed interest in some of the parts, then said he didn't need them any more!

The bike has been split, I believe that all the buyers to date have been happy with their purchases, and what's still available is as follows (as per recent posts above, the Suntour mechs may be spoken for):

Frame is a black Cannondale M400. It’s a 1995 3.0 Series 6061-T6 aluminium frame, size is 18” There are a few places where the black paint has been chipped away or scratched off, but it’s in VGC, with no noticeable dents or dings (£50).

The headset is a Chris King 1” in silver (£50)

Forks are Rock Shox Judy SL with a 1” steerer. These come complete with a spare set of normal elastomers (the inserted set are “light”) plus an unused container of Judy Butter and the original instructions. The fork legs are yellow, the decals were removed by me because I liked my bikes to be ad-free, and there is one tiny chip in the paint on the right-hand fork leg. I have got some original Rock Shox stickers that may work as replacements if necessary (see below for more details re: stickers)(£120)

The Stem is a 105mm 1” Qranc aQhead, +18° rise. It's silver anodized, beautifully CNC-machined with external ribs, two-bolt fixing with rubber spacer, with a two-bolt faceplate with B&W logo. It’s almost mint, with just some tiny marks on the barrel and where spacers/ahead cap have been fitted. (£60)

Brake Levers are Grafton Re-entry CNC-machined. These are anodized black, one finger model. The original lever rubbers have wasted away (still have these for reference if it helps), but otherwise these are mint. I have some Tioga replacement rubbers installed. These come with instructions, I might have some spare original split rings too (£150)

Shifters are Suntour XC Pro7spd thumbshifters in black. They're completely mint, rubber in great condition, the only non-original items are the cable adjustment screws, which have been replaced by red alloy versions (Lynx)(£40)

Derailleurs are Suntour XC Pro Microdrive. The front is band-on and rear is short cage with alloy breakaway bolt (and I’m pretty sure I’ve got the original bolt too). These are pretty much mint condition, with just a very few small scratches on body of rear derailleur and inside the jockey wheel cage. There is a small amount of, black marker pen over “Suntour” logo on front of the RD’s parallelogram (which some acetone will surely shift…) (£20/£40) There's also a spare XC Pro MD FD which I think is a 31.8mm clamp (£20)

The outer cables are mostly original Suntour Accushift in black - if you buy the derailleurs complete, you can have these too..

Seat collar is a Ringle (bolted no QR), black anodized, 31.8mm, no external marks of note (£40)

The wheelset is made up as follows – hubs are Suntour XC Pro Microdrive with GreaseGuard ports, 32h built with Mavic M231CD rims and DB stainless spokes. The tyres are a classic combination of 2.1 Panaracer Smoke Dart on the front and 2.2 Ritchey Z-Max WCS on the rear. Both folding, both in great nick. The inner tubes are Air B (the pinky ones) 2.1s only recently removed from their plastic packaging and pumped up for the first time. The wheels come with a Suntour MicroDrive 7spd 11-24 (11/12/14/16/18/21/24) cassette in fantastic condition. With a pair of Salsa Ti QRs in black, this completes the spec (£150 all in)

If you really, really want to push the boat out, you could go for these:
Ultralight classic MTB wheelset. – Mavic 231 Ceramic 32h rims on Suntour XC Pro GreaseGuard hubs with Union/Marwi straight-gauge titanium spokes. Front weighs 723g, rear is 934g, 7spd XC Pro MicroDrive 11-24 cassette weighs 234g. Comes with pair of Ritchey Z-Max WC rear and Panaracer Smoke/Dart front tyres – both blackwall, in VGC, these are the XXX version with extra-large knobs for extreme conditions, with AirB inner tubes and Zero Ti QRs in black. Immaculate condition (£300 all in)

Have a selection of brand new bagged 7s 11-24 Suntour MicroDrive cassettes – mostly black, but some in silver (which may be slightly used, but may be so slight you’ll hardly notice) (£25ea)

Campagnolo Atek rims. pair, silver, non-anodized semi “V” profile, no eyelets (390g per rim!) 32 hole, small amount of discolouring on brake track, but very little wear, almost new (£60)

Shimano SPD-M737 pedals. Pair classic black “SPuD” double-sided MTB pedals. Almost mint (original Shimano grease still on springs), some tiny scuffs if you look really hard (£75)

:LOL:

Sorry I think I have lost the plot!, too much buying and loosing track abit!,

PM coming....

Re:

24pouces":1br7elxg said:
As I have wrote you some month ago, I'm still interested for your white ritchey saddle ;)

bump and you got a message :)

Hi,
Please, suntour derailleurs for me, if they are still available. Thanks!
PM coming.

LATEST UPDATE ON WHAT'S STILL AVAILABLE:

Frame is a black Cannondale M400. It’s a 1995 3.0 Series 6061-T6 aluminium frame, size is 18” There are a few places where the black paint has been chipped away or scratched off, but it’s in VGC, with no noticeable dents or dings (£50).

The headset is a Chris King 1” in silver (£50) - SOLD (subject to me getting my act together and uninstalling it)

Forks are Rock Shox Judy SL with a 1” steerer. These come complete with a spare set of normal elastomers (the inserted set are “light”) plus an unused container of Judy Butter and the original instructions. The fork legs are yellow, the decals were removed by me because I liked my bikes to be ad-free, and there is one tiny chip in the paint on the right-hand fork leg. I have got some original Rock Shox stickers that may work as replacements if necessary (see below for more details re: stickers)(£120)

The Stem is a 105mm 1” Qranc aQhead, +18° rise. It's silver anodized, beautifully CNC-machined with external ribs, two-bolt fixing with rubber spacer, with a two-bolt faceplate with B&W logo. It’s almost mint, with just some tiny marks on the barrel and where spacers/ahead cap have been fitted. (£60)

There's still a band-on Suntour XC Pro MD FD with a 31.8mm clamp (£20)

Seat collar is a Ringle (bolted no QR), black anodized, 31.8mm, no external marks of note (£40) - SOLD

The wheelset is made up as follows – hubs are Suntour XC Pro Microdrive with GreaseGuard ports, 32h built with Mavic M231CD rims and DB stainless spokes. The tyres are a classic combination of 2.1 Panaracer Smoke Dart on the front and 2.2 Ritchey Z-Max WCS on the rear. Both folding, both in great nick. The inner tubes are Air B (the pinky ones) 2.1s only recently removed from their plastic packaging and pumped up for the first time. The wheels come with a Suntour MicroDrive 7spd 11-24 (11/12/14/16/18/21/24) cassette in fantastic condition. With a pair of Salsa Ti QRs in black, this completes the spec (£150 all in)

Ultralight classic MTB wheelset. – Mavic 231 Ceramic 32h rims on Suntour XC Pro GreaseGuard hubs with Union/Marwi straight-gauge titanium spokes. Front weighs 723g, rear is 934g, 7spd XC Pro MicroDrive 11-24 cassette weighs 234g. Comes with pair of Ritchey Z-Max WC rear and Panaracer Smoke/Dart front tyres – both blackwall, in VGC, these are the XXX version with extra-large knobs for extreme conditions, with AirB inner tubes and Zero Ti QRs in black. Immaculate condition (£300 all in)

Have a selection of brand new bagged 7s 11-24 Suntour MicroDrive cassettes – mostly black, but some in silver (which may be slightly used, but may be so slight you’ll hardly notice) (£25ea)

Campagnolo Atek rims. pair, silver, non-anodized semi “V” profile, no eyelets (390g per rim!) 32 hole, small amount of discolouring on brake track, but very little wear, almost new (but no decals - I stripped them off, just like the Rock Shox decals, was never much one for decals..) (£60)

Shimano SPD-M737 pedals. Pair classic black “SPuD” double-sided MTB pedals. Almost mint (original Shimano grease still on springs), some tiny scuffs if you look really hard (£75)

Shimano Deore DX and Deore XT short cage 7-spd rear derailleurs in excellent condition – very little use, near new. XT has a black alloy breakaway main pivot bolt and the original bolt as a spare, with the original jockey wheels (£30) - SOLD
The Deore DX is also pretty nice, but it doesn't have the original jockey wheels, but it does have an original set of Bullseyes in black which still run super-smooth (£25) - SOLD

As always, any questions, please get in touch. Might accept close offers (or I throw in postage costs)..

J.

pics of the Ibis?

YET ANOTHER UPDATE ON WHAT'S STILL AVAILABLE AS OF 24 APRIL 2013:

The headset is a Chris King 1” in silver (£50) - SOLD (subject to me getting my act together and uninstalling it)

There's still a band-on Suntour XC Pro MD FD with a 31.8mm clamp that's immaculate except for some rubbing from the chain on the inside of the cage (£20)

Wheelset made up as follows – hubs are Suntour XC Pro Microdrive with GreaseGuard ports, 32h built with Mavic M231CD rims and DB stainless spokes. The wheels come with a Suntour MicroDrive 7spd 11-24 cassette in fantastic condition. With a pair of Salsa Ti QRs in black, this completes the spec (£150 all in) - SOLD

Campagnolo Atek rims. pair, silver, non-anodized semi “V” profile, no eyelets (390g per rim!) 32 hole, small amount of discolouring on brake track, but very little wear, almost new (but no decals - I stripped them off, just like the Rock Shox decals, was never much one for decals..) (£60) - SOLD

Pair of vintage tyres and tubes in almost-new condition. Classic combination of 2.1 Panaracer Smoke Dart (front) and 2.2 Ritchey Z-Max WCS (rear). Both folding, both in great nick (still have the little rubber "hairs" on the tread). The inner tubes are Air B (the pinky ones) 2.1s only recently removed from their plastic packaging and pumped up for the first time (£40 all in)

As always, any questions, please get in touch. Might accept close offers (or I throw in postage costs)..

J.

Back