Superb '95 Cannondale M400 with lots of US CNC bits - as new

jahknob

Devout Dirtbag
I'm re-listing this bike as a potential sale fell through - probably a lousy time to sell anything, but I'm an optimist at heart... I would much prefer to find a buyer for the whole bike, rather than break it down as I don't have the time to deal with the logistics at the moment. I may consider selling it off as parts later in the year if no-one wants the bike (NB If you've already asked about particular parts, I've still got your messages and will get in touch if I break it down).

Virtually everything is pretty much mint or close to it, and bought by me from the USA when it was new. The whole bike has been lovingly checked over relubed and rebuilt.

The total price for the bike is £750ovno.

Specs are as follows:

Frameset is a black Cannondale M400.
It’s a 1995 3.0 Series 6061-T6 aluminium frame, size is 18” There are a few places where the black paint has been chipped away or scratched off, but it’s in VGC, with no noticeable dents or dings. The seat collar that came with the Cannondale frame is just a no-name black alloy.

Forks are Rock Shox Judy SL with a 1” steerer.
These come complete with a spare set of normal elastomers (the inserted set are “light”) plus an unused container of Judy Butter and the original instructions. The fork legs are yellow, the decals were removed by me because I liked my bikes to be ad-free, and there is one tiny chip in the paint on the right-hand fork leg. I have got some original Rock Shox stickers that may work as replacements if necessary.

The Headset is a Chris King 1” in silver.

Chainset is a Topline MicroDrive compact triple in black, 175mm arms.
It's almost mint (few small scrapes and scratches to the anodizing, but hardly noticeable), rings are 42/32/22, small amount of use but in excellent condition. I’ve probably got some extra 20 and 22 inner chainrings, possibly some spare middle and outer too. The bottom bracket is just an old Shimano, but it’s the correct axle length, runs smoothly and remains out of sight!

The Stem is a 105mm 1” Qranc aQhead, +18° rise.
It's silver anodized, beautifully CNC-machined with external ribs, two-bolt fixing with rubber spacer, with a two-bolt faceplate with B&W logo. It’s almost mint, with just some tiny marks on the barrel and where spacers/ahead cap have been fitted.

The Handlebars are Bontrager/Titec 118g Titanium with a 3° bend.
Inside are a set of Berts Aluminium reinforcements at the ends of the bars. Bar grips are thin black rubber, original (can’t remember the brand – Odi maybe?) with a fine diamond file pattern. Bar ends are lightweight Icon stubbies with their rounded triangle profile. One end cap went missing, I have recreated it in Sugru (you’d never tell without looking very closely).

Brake Levers are Grafton Re-entry CNC-machined.
These are anodized black, one finger model. The original lever rubbers have wasted away (still have these for reference if it helps), but otherwise these are mint. I have some Tioga replacement rubbers installed. These come with instructions, I might have some spare original split rings too.

Shifters are Suntour XC Pro7spd thumbshifters in black.
They're completely mint, rubber in great condition, the only non-original items are the cable adjustment screws, which have been replaced by red alloy versions (Lynx).

Brakes are Avid Tri-Align short-arm cantilevers in Silver.
They come with Kool-Stop Eagle Claw silver pads, barely worn down. These come with original installation instructions and a set-up guide.

Derailleurs are Suntour XC Pro Microdrive.
The front is band-on and rear is short cage with alloy breakaway bolt (and I’m pretty sure I’ve got the original bolt too). These are pretty much mint condition, with just a very few small scratches on body of rear derailleur and inside the jockey wheel cage. There is a small amount of, black marker pen over “Suntour” logo on front of the RD’s parallelogram (which some acetone will surely shift…). The outer cables are mostly original Suntour Accushift in black

The seatpost is a Dean Titanium, 27.2mm dia, 350mm long.
It has no setback and a two-bolt adjustable head.

The saddle is a Ritchey Logic WCS
It's got titanium rails, it's white and it's in superb condition.

Wheels – hubs are Suntour XC Pro Microdrive with GreaseGuard ports, 32h built with Mavic M231CD rims and DB stainless spokes.
Tyres - a classic combination of 2.1 Panaracer Smoke Dart on the front and 2.2 Ritchey Z-Max WCS on the rear. Both folding, both in great nick.
Inner Tubes – these are Air B (the pinky ones) 2.1s only recently removed from their plastic packaging and pumped up for the first time.
Cassette is a Suntour MicroDrive 7spd 11-24 (11/12/14/16/18/21/24) in fantastic condition. QRs are Salsa Ti in black.

Other parts
Ringle Chainsuck thing in 3DV violet – has been tweaked for max performance, so filed, drilled, bits screwed in to the faces opposite the chainrings, but still looks good and works well.
Crud Catcher Crud Claw – for 7spd cassettes, fits behind the rear wheel QR.
Rohloff SLT-99 Chain – very low mileage - as new.

There are several very high-spec and unusual extras relating to this bike - I will sell these separately or together with the bike, or will consider substitutions if you prefer these alternatives to what's currently on the bike:

Ultralight classic MTB wheelset. – Mavic 231 Ceramic 32h rims on Suntour XC Pro GreaseGuard hubs with Union/Marwi straight-gauge titanium spokes.
Front weighs 723g, rear is 934g, 7spd XC Pro MicroDrive 11-24 cassette weighs 234g. Comes with pair of Ritchey Z-Max WC rear and Panaracer Smoke/Dart front tyres – both blackwall, in VGC, these are the XXX version with extra-large knobs for extreme conditions, with AirB inner tubes and Zero Ti QRs in black. Immaculate condition. (£250 with bike)

Ibis Titanium MTB aheadstem. Polished to a mirror finish, 1” 135mm, 0° for 25.4mm handlebars.
The finest stem ever made, in almost perfect condition. Truly a work of art, remains unsurpassed by anything since (you’ll still be hard-pressed to find anything lighter). They stopped making them because they lost money, given the amount of work that went into each stem… (£80 with bike)

Ringle seat collar (bolted no QR), black anodized, 31.8mm
This should fit on the bike, but it seemed tight and I didn’t want to force it on and strip any paint off the top of the seat tube (£40 with bike)

AirB inner tube boxed
Standard MTB size (£5)

7s 11-24 Suntour MicroDrive cassettes
Brand new, bagged– mostly black, but some in silver (which may be slightly used, but may be so slight you’ll hardly notice) (£25ea)

Any questions, feel free to get in touch…

j.

Attachments

• DSC08709.jpg
    DSC08709.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,741
  • DSC08720.jpg
    DSC08720.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,741
  • DSC08710.jpg
    DSC08710.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,740
I seem to remember that someone registered interest in the saddle before but I'd be keen if you split

Re: Superb '95 Cannondale M400 with lots of US CNC bits - as

jahknob":h4pxe4qm said:
AirB inner tube boxed
Standard MTB size (£5)

Is this posted by any chance (cheeky!)? ;)

If you're happy to sell separately I'd like it please :cool:

As I have wrote you some month ago, I'm still interested for your white ritchey saddle ;)

id be interested in the suntour parts if you split thanks

......and the ringle collar for me if you do please

Ant :D

Back