Sup’s Single Owner GT [De]evolution - 3rd frame

Ahem... (switches to 3rd person)... OrangeRetro thinks that although supra has made a good jobs of the rattle can paintjob, that he should strip it back off, polish that bad boy delboy stylee and stick some more purple on it.. oh and lose the Lx chainset.. then supra would be tooooo cool for skool! :shock:

Although it is obvious that a reasonable amount of time and effort has been put into the paint job and build, I have to say I agree with OrangeRetro; that paint job needs to come off. The frame deserves a good polish to bring out the best in it (then the purple would work too).

If you must keep the paint, then (and I'm loathed to say this) you need a yellow Rockshox up front.

As it is, it's just not my cup of tea.

I agree with losing the LX chainset to create a more retro look.

Seriously though, what is with the 3rd person thing?? :shock: BarneyRubble finds it disturbing! :)

I think that you should use the Manitou's as inspiration. Alloy, purple and black is the way forward IMHO.

sinnett177":29796dng said:
I think that you should use the Manitou's as inspiration. Alloy, purple and black is the way forward IMHO.

DOH! That woulda been awesome! Supra kicks himself for not thinking of this.....

On another note, Supra is quite broke not from the build and XMas. Supra will ask Santa for XT deraileurs, though the LX are sexy in black....

The ol’ gal is still racking up the miles 14 years later. She just got fresh rubber (Michellin Protek tires are the epitome of urban utilitarian). There‘s been a 5mm long hairline crack in the head tube just under the stem bolts for years but it hasn’t spread past the weld despite occasional curb jumping. 23C8F5F0-6068-4B5D-968A-EB6821F87DDC.jpeg

Last edited:
Thus begins this girl’s 3rd rendition.

This will be a frame swap to start with. The paranoia of riding around at 200+ lbs on a cracked headtube has pushed me into acquiring a new old frame.
Purchased today, this Zaskar is a little rough, but I’ll clean ‘er up. There’s a few little dents in the top tube and the chainstay has some rash. She’ll definitely need paint rather than a full polish due to having fill the dents.
I’m thinking gunmetal paint. Purple “GT all terra” decals were just ordered from Hungary to match the Manitou 2 and other components.
43D51D4D-BAB1-4E89-B907-5E7E68484617.jpeg

Last edited:
Back