Wanted Suntour XC pro parts / 28.6mm Front mech / 26.6mm seatpost / for Serotta Proflex build.

boy"O"boy

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all.

Putting a wanted thread out there for various parts needed for my Serotta Offroad Proflex build.
It's a slow burner so this wanted thread may run for a while or wishlist updated - had a lots of success with one for my Klein previously so I'm hopeful again!

Here goes.

1. Suntour XC pro front mech BP 28.6mm in NOS or VGC. I have a VGC 35.0mm version of the same I can swap if needed.

2. A pair of Suntour XC pro cantilever brakes suitable for use on the front ( Non SE Pederson type)
I have 2 pairs of the rear Self Energising type but these can only be used on the rear.
*SORTED* Thanks to eBay

3. Suntour XC pro seatpost. ~ 300mm minimum length / 26.6mm diameter (Will consider 26.4mm) Must have good logos to sides of post. Ideally NOS or VGC.
Some nice 26.8mm versions out there but can't make it work....especially as I've measured and double measured using my callipers.

4. A pair of True temper handlebars. VGC or NOS Black with good True temper logos. ( Not the Avenir branded ones though) 4130 Cromoly type. 560mm length *SORTED* thanks @carlsoundwave
true temper handlebar logo 2.JPG

5. Possibly a long shot here....
A pair of True temper straight legged forks. Cantilever brake type. 1" threaded with 160mm of steerer. *SORTED* ~ bought the ebay ones.
Serotta Proflex 1990 catalogue pic.JPG
Fitted as standard to the Proflex.... possibly standard fit on Slingshot's. There is a set on eBay but way to pricey for something that I'll strip and respray......*EDIT* Decided to go with these slingshot forks as they are as near to the True Temper ones as you can get!

Any other suggestions of brands that could have used this fork?

Failing this.... possibly a Kona Project 2 with 1" steerer. Going to be going from an early Cinder cone etc....
Colour unimportant as they will be resprayed black.

Thanks in advance.
boy"O"boy

Last edited:
obviously would be a deviation from your replica build - but if added a set of PACE RC35s you could run the Suntour SE on the front too (which is what I did in 1992)

Not sure about the rigid forks question - MBUK did a test of various rigid forks , however I don’t think these were included

That fork looks a lot like the Slingshot rigid, problem is that they’re hens teeth as well :LOL:

Only items I have are some xc pro brake levers,but I guess they’re not on the list. Good luck with the sourcing!

Follow up, these are for sale on eBay atm: https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...v8AhUaHcAKHe-7A_AQwg8oAHoECAcQCw&nis=8&adurl=

Would you believe it!

Cheers Joe. Thanks for the link.
These are the ones I mentioned earlier that are big $$$ considering I'd have to repaint them. Got them on my watch list though.
Also keeping an eye out for early Project 2's in a 1" flavour or some Bontrager Composite legs to suit the 1" crown I've got ( although still attached to the Mag 20's at the moment)

obviously would be a deviation from your replica build - but if added a set of PACE RC35s you could run the Suntour SE on the front too (which is what I did in 1992)

Not sure about the rigid forks question - MBUK did a test of various rigid forks , however I don’t think these were included
Thanks Tangent. Yeah, I had thought about this for a previous Aluminium "O" build I was going to do. For this one though, I'd like to use the SE on the rear and the conventional on the front.
Good idea on the MBUK article.....I've got that one in the collection so I'll have a look through for alternatives.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Bars here:

Thanks for the link Pete.

Was just gonna post them they are mine

@carlsoundwave Would you consider selling at a better price here rather than eBay? If so, could you PM me a price. Cheers.

I’ve got a True Temper bar, bit scratched though:View attachment 705297
@narcotitlan Thanks for the reply with Pic! They are slightly more scuffed than I would have liked....but they are what I'm after. Are they the full 560mm length?
Got another lead on a similar pair to these....so it would be price dependant.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Thanks for the link Pete.

@carlsoundwave Would you consider selling at a better price here rather than eBay? If so, could you PM me a price. Cheers.

@narcotitlan Thanks for the reply with Pic! They are slightly more scuffed than I would have liked....but they are what I'm after. Are they the full 560mm length?
Got another lead on a similar pair to these....so it would be price dependant.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy
525mm I’m afraid, £15 inc UK post

Back